HOW to make an attack that can't miss

SanKakU

Reaction score
idk but units moving also have a small ammount of evasion even without the evasion ability. it's something like 15-25 percent. can't remember the exact number but you can edit it in or out of your map.

oh and...i just noticed can't miss status in the system status...although there isn't an example demonstrated...it might not be hard to implement? i'm about to check it out. http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=136126

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
I'm working in an AOS and one of my spells is based on creating a dummy unit and ordering is to attack the target using "slow poison". but if the target have evasion sometimes the spell won't work.

How can I make this attack to never miss?
Use envenomed spears instead of slow poison, because envenomed spears is a buff placer, and not an orb effect. (I can't recall whether or not slow poison is an orb effect as well.)
Use crit strike with 0x multiplier and never miss set to true, 100% proc rate, because that is an orb effect which but not a buff placer.

This will allow you, using one orb effect, and one buff placer, to fire an attack which places a buff and never misses. The crit strike is only an orb effect for ranged units. Melee units will be able to use other orb effects.

In dota, it is not documented that any critical strike counts as an orb effect on a ranged hero. Worth noting.

I'm not sure if that answers your question - it should unless you're adamant on ranged units being able to never miss and still have an orb effect. :)

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
This will allow you, using one orb effect, and one buff placer, to fire an attack which places a buff and never misses. The crit strike is only an orb effect for ranged units. Melee units will be able to use other orb effects.
Err, I just tried that. On a unit with a missile attack (Blood Mage), that combination (Envenomed Spears/100% 0x crit) did not place a buff. Changing the unit's attack to Normal but leaving it at 600 range succeeded at placing a buff, but of course was not a missile attack.

I think you have it backwards - Crit interferes with buff placers, not orb effects, on missile-attack units; I know that Life Steal and Item Attack Fire Bonus (non-buff orb effects) are compatible with Crit on missile-attack units.

Arre

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Use critical strike and make it crit 0x then it wont be any text!:thup:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
bash with a stun duration of 0.00 does stun infinitely. and your post count is 777.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
DOTA has an item called MKB, it never misses and isn't an orb and don't stun.

MKB has mini stun. 0.1 seconds. Have you even went as far as to read the description of the item ?

This is what you do: After creating the unit, order it to attack the target of ability being cast.

then in another trigger, when the summoned unit damages a unit, remove the damaging unit form the game.

I am rusty in GUI, haven't used it in over an year, but that should fix your problem.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes but bash with 0s does not bash infinitely, now stop trolling.
what the hell are you talking about?

0 seconds == 0.00 seconds since it always uses real values => infinite stun.

what other kinds of 0 seconds can be there?

Opa

Reaction score
second <> millisecond;

since 0s can be anything ranging from 0.01s to 0.99s I do not see your point
:(

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hmm I think you have 2 options here:

1) critical strike with 100% hit chance, 1x damage multiplier and never miss = true. Bad side: Red floating text will show
2) Bash with never miss = true and a duration of X.YZ. Bad side: No matter what you put in duration, it will stun the target.

FannyShaver

Reaction score
UR WRONG!

have u never played DOTA?
there is an item called MKB that gives the user the ability to never miss an attack!
which means it's possible to make an unmissable attack.

I never played Dota, so whatever MKB is, I tell you, that unit with this item will still miss buildings if have any buffs making him to do so. Like Drunken Haze.

Some more, someone have said that MKB or whatever it is stops channeling spells and people says that it actually stuns, so yes, it must be Bash based as it does stops channeling spells, critical strike have no such capabilities. Critical Strike based ability can solve a problem:

Critical Strike, chance 100% 0x never misses = true (no red text, no extra damage) You must still make a note, attacks will still miss buildings if unit is caused by a buff to miss on his attacks. Not sure whether Bash allows it or not, I didn't liked the Bash idea on my map in the first place, as what I am aware of, and 50% of Stunota population is that Bash can also spot an attack and breaks lot of game content for me.

Here's why I would never implement a mini stun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKiLaV5nGe4&feature=related - proves what I've just said, mini stun can also stop attacks, and I would never allow it on my map.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I never played Dota, so whatever MKB is, I tell you, that unit with this item will still miss buildings if have any buffs making him to do so. Like Drunken Haze.

Some more, someone have said that MKB or whatever it is stops channeling spells and people says that it actually stuns, so yes, it must be Bash based as it does stops channeling spells, critical strike have no such capabilities. Critical Strike based ability can solve a problem:

Critical Strike, chance 100% 0x never misses = true (no red text, no extra damage) You must still make a note, attacks will still miss buildings if unit is caused by a buff to miss on his attacks. Not sure whether Bash allows it or not, I didn't liked the Bash idea on my map in the first place, as what I am aware of, and 50% of Stunota population is that Bash can also spot an attack and breaks lot of game content for me.

Here's why I would never implement a mini stun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKiLaV5nGe4&feature=related - proves what I've just said, mini stun can also stop attacks, and I would never allow it on my map.

Off Topic
That video was just epic.

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
FannyShaver is right, what i belive is that mkb is a item with bonus damage and a critical strike with 100% and never miss with a bash with 0.03 sec stun or something liek that.

jhnam95

Reaction score

That vid is win.

If critical strike is orb effect, why does lifesteal work? That's what I never understood. Is lifesteal an exception to critical strike?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Varine Varine:
    I ordered like five blocks for 15 dollars. They're just little aluminum blocks with holes drilled into them
  • Varine Varine:
    They are pretty much disposable. I have shitty nozzles though, and I don't think these were designed for how hot I've run them
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to extract it but the thing is pretty stuck. Idk what else I can use this for
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll throw it into my scrap stuff box, I'm sure can be used for something
  • Varine Varine:
    I have spare parts for like, everything BUT that block lol. Oh well, I'll print this shit next week I guess. Hopefully it fits
  • Varine Varine:
    I see that, despite your insistence to the contrary, we are becoming a recipe website
  • Varine Varine:
    Which is unique I guess.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.