How to: Make an Epic and Worthwhile Dungeon

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Warlord34 for your comment!
Hope you make some great maps :)

When I'm not lazy I'll add a new section soon.

X

xfriox

Nice tutorial got me hyped to make a dungeon keep posting if u can like to know more about dungeon making cause i suck i tend to make the dungeon to cramped and tight:p o well gj

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys!
Just like I posted in my other dungeon tutorial I am feeling lazy atm so I'm not in the mood to add more section.
When I'm not I'll add them very shortly.

R

rodyzz

i have 4 questions u maybie know..
how u add custom maded models to world editor?

How can u edit the damage of a unit.. ( i can only change the hero's ones )

How u increase the Level max..?

How you let THe player walking in a dungeon and comes in the dungeon?

PLZ Message me with the answers or if you know a tuturial of it.. plz tell me..!
or post at this threat ofcouse

Sinan2

Reaction score
1-)Modeling Tutorial
2-)From the object editor, Combat-Base damage
3-)Gameplay Constants-Heroes-Check use custom gameplay constants-Hero Level maximum(edit it)
4-)
Code:
Dungeon enter
E:Unit enters rect(Dungeon Entrance)
C:
A:Move (entering unit) instantly to DungeonEntranceTarget
Code:
Dungeon Exit
E:Unit enters rect(Dungeon Exit)
C:
A:Move (entering unit) instantly to DungeonExitTarget

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
i have 4 questions u maybie know..
how u add custom maded models to world editor?

How can u edit the damage of a unit.. ( i can only change the hero's ones )

How u increase the Level max..?

How you let THe player walking in a dungeon and comes in the dungeon?

PLZ Message me with the answers or if you know a tuturial of it.. plz tell me..!
or post at this threat ofcouse

98d1158920230-kindergartens-oerlikon-zurich-hijack.gif

Lol the trap and puzzle sections are inspiring me to make 'Are you a retard?" map. The whole tutorial is bascially common sense but its a good reference for those who get lost or dont know what else they can do to their own dungeons. Good work

REP.gif

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
Thanks for making this, it inspired me into making a dungeon which i have never tried before. +Rep.

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Two new sections have been added. Not big ones but very useful ones to any dungeon mapper.

L

Lanan

Thanks! Definetely useful whenever i get the crazy idea of a dungeon, which probably will happen when i get the hang of these blasted triggers.
+rep!

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Ty and good luck to ur future projects. I might add new sections if I turn up some ideas.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Great tutorial on all aspects. I like it that you advise people to add a decent narrative to their dungeons.

+rep

By the way, isn't their something strange about the example fire trap trigger. If i'm not mistaken, it only deactivates when a unit enters the region, so it's impossible to dodge?

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Great tutorial, will come in handy when I create a dungeon in my campaign. Good job +rep.:thup:

Offtopic: You misspelled Murloc^^

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
heh thanks again for your opinions. I might redo it all to fix spelling and grammar mistakes but I wasn't so experienced in my writing back then when I made the thread so finding a mistake or 2 doesn't surprise me much.

Ncrackz

Reaction score
Amazing. Thank you for posting this +rep also how did you get that black abyss thingy lol, I thought it was cool :)

Nykros

Reaction score
Im trying to create a boss fight where you would have to destruct a building to take off the invulnerabily of the boss. When the building gets to 80 / 60 / 40 / 20% of his hp a wave of 10 human peons are created. Until then everything is alright but i would like to force those peons to repair the building to add a challenge to the fight. . I've tried this but it doesn't work :

-Events
Unit - A unit enters boss fight zone <gen>
-Conditions
(Unit type of (trigering unit)) equal to boss peon
-Actions
Unit group - Order (Units in boss fight zone <gen> owned by player 12 (brown)) to Human Pesant - repair boss building 0003 <gen>

If anyone find the solution of this i would be very happy :)
thanks

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
are you sure everything you put in that trigger is what its supposed to be? everything looks fine so maybe you made a mistake

anyways great tut, its not of any use to me really cause id never need to do anything like this, but it kept me reading :thup:

UniEditXtrem

Reaction score
You said you don't have the map because you did something with windows? Buy a MAC! It will keep everything you have no matter what you do, and you don't ever have to shut down or restart it!. It lasts a lot longer, and the best part is that you can run your stupid windows on it. It comes with os x though, which can do everything you can on windows and more.

To put it clearly, Macs had an operating system like windows 7 by 1889, without the bugs, errors, or the bad desktop pictures. If you don't believe me, go the an Apple store and talk to someone. They will all say that it is far better, and most of them used windows and Dells for years.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.