How to make custom immolation stop at 0 mana?

afisakov

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I made a custom buff from immolation that costs 2000 mana a second, requires a 2000 mana buffer, has a unique buff called "getsuga barrage", and does 0 damage (effect triggered on attack). The duration is left at 1 second.
This ability has 15 levels, I am quoting the cost at lvl 8, if that matters.

My problem is that while it drains mana like it is supposed to it doesn't always turn off once the unit runs out. Sometimes it does, but others it stay on and keeps the unit's mana stuck at 0. If I go to the fountain the mana heals and starts draining again as soon as I walk away.

The hero can turn it off, but my problem is this enables them to leave it on without paying the full cost. This was intended as a powerful ability that could only be kept on for short periods of time, having it on endlessly even without any other abilities (since mana stays at 0 if left on) would make the hero rigged.

How do I make it turn itself off once mana runs out?
Do I have to trigger it or is there some option in the ability itself that I am missing/set wrong?

Solu9

Reaction score
Try setting the buffer cost of the ability a bit higher than the drain cost. Like 2100 mana required.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Sometimes it could really be the regeneration. Try compare by setting your regeneration to 0.00. If the bug persists then it could be other reasons. Otherwise, it should work as it should. Increasing the mana drain cost would help the cause.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
you can also fix it with 2 triggers.
Trigger:
  • Fix 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Immolation
      • (Level of Immolation for (Learning Hero)) Equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Fix 2 <gen> the event (Unit - (Learning Hero)'s mana becomes Equal to 0.00)

Trigger:
  • Fix 2
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Demon Hunter - Deactivate Immolation

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
even if it wont become 0 it cant still be set to becomes less then 1, there is no need to use a periodic

afisakov

Reaction score
Does this look right to you?

Code:
trigger trg_baroff=null
trigger trg_regGetsu=null

function baroff takes nothing returns nothing
    call IssueImmediateOrder(GetTriggerUnit(),"unimmolation")
endfunction
function barlearn takes nothing returns boolean
    return (GetUnitAbilityLevelSwapped('A0VI',GetTriggerUnit())==1)and(GetLearnedSkillBJ()=='A0VI')
endfunction
function checkmana takes nothing returns nothing
    call TriggerRegisterUnitManaEvent(trg_baroff,GetTriggerUnit(),LESS_THAN,100)
endfunction

set trg_regGetsu=CreateTrigger()
call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ(trg_regGetsu,EVENT_PLAYER_HERO_SKILL)
call TriggerAddCondition(trg_regGetsu,Condition(function barlearn))
call TriggerAddAction(trg_regGetsu,function checkmana)
    set trg_baroff=CreateTrigger()
call TriggerAddAction(trg_baroff,function baroff)
btw, the reason the everything is named "bar" is because the ability is named barrage

afisakov

Reaction score
Sometimes it could really be the regeneration. Try compare by setting your regeneration to 0.00. If the bug persists then it could be other reasons. Otherwise, it should work as it should. Increasing the mana drain cost would help the cause.
Most of my mana regeneration comes from intelligence, this is a map with high stat caps. I tried setting the mana cost to 4k, the drain per second left at 2k, and buffer to 8k. It still drained my 20k mana to 0 and kept the effect active.

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
cant you just base it on 2 dummy spells and trigger the manacost drain?
would solve any problem you have, and its not really that hard maknig a periodic trigger, so to speak :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.