How to make Player join other team?

themare

Reaction score
Im making a vamps game and when the paysans get killed by a vamp, they change into a subordinate vamp and join their team

What triggers do I need to make the Player who gets killed by a vamp join the Vamp's team and unallies the other Paysans
Can someone give me an example please, such asa WC3 GUI tags

SkateuUp

Reaction score
Most likely there is more ways but what comes to my head is player group- set alliance

themare

Reaction score
Ive tried that but theres always something wrong
Like when I change into their team, Im still allied to the Paysans
Or New Subordinates are not allied to each other
Etc.

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
Player - Set Alliance is correct. You're just not adjsuting the player to be the Enemy of the Paysans.

The other way is Player Groups; Add the turning player to a Vamp group and remove it from the Paysan group. Then refresh the alliances, I think; you can adjust them through player groups in that fashion.

themare

Reaction score
Player - Set Alliance is correct. You're just not adjsuting the player to be the Enemy of the Paysans.

The other way is Player Groups; Add the turning player to a Vamp group and remove it from the Paysan group. Then refresh the alliances, I think; you can adjust them through player groups in that fashion.

how do u refresh the alliances? can u give me one of those example triggers thingy that people post here
I already did added player to vamp allies and removing it from paysan allies but it still does not work

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
could you use the WC3 GUI Tags to show me what your trigger looks like or use a screenshot?

themare

Reaction score
I currently have (how I thought it looks like) the last guy told me

Events
Unit - A unit enters (Entire Map)
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Triggerng Unit)) Equal to Porphyria Victim
Actions
Player Group - Pick every player in (All allies of Player 9 (Gray)) and do (Player Group - Add (Owner of (Triggering Unis)) to (All allies of (Player 9 Gray)))
Player Group - Pick every player in (All allies of Player 9 (Gray)) and do (Player Group - Remove (Owner of (Triggering Unis)) from (All enemies of (Player 9 (Gray)))

but its not working, no one is getting allied or unallied

SkateuUp

Reaction score
this leaks for one, you need variables and custom script when using player or unit groups. Not sure whats wrong with it sorry.
Edit: nevermind worked it out in my head.

ryerye1996

Cool Member
Reaction score
i think it's the condition. it should be "Entering Unit" not "Triggering Unit". Do that for every "Triggering Unit" you have

ryerye1996

Cool Member
Reaction score
i would just try replacing triggering unit with entering unit. if it doesn't work then change it back.

themare

Reaction score
I dunno how to work the variables very well
variables to me seems like almost the same as what you can already set within a trigger without a variable

themare

Reaction score
Now I also added another trigger

Events
Time - Every .1 seconds of the Game
Conditions
Actions
Player Group - Pick every player in (All allies of Player 9) and do (Player - Make (Picked Player) treat (Random player from (All enemies of Player 9 as an enemy)
Player Group - Pick every player in (All enemies of Player 9) and do (Player - Make (Picked Player) treat (Random player from (All allies of Player 9 as an enemy)
Player Group - Pick every player in (All allies of Player 9) and do (Player - Make (Picked Player) treat (Random player from (All allies of Player 9 as an Ally with shared vision)

SkateuUp

Reaction score
you didn't say if it worked. Also i dare you to play that map for a while and see how much leaks there are. Please read the above link.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.