How to: Make Spellbooks

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> how can you make that trigger to add the ability into your spellbook?

By having that ability in another Spell Book, with the same "Data - Order ID" as the spell book you already have.
After adding the second spell book, use "Player - Disable ability" to disable the second spell book.

C

CrimsonYaega

ok lets say u want a spell to level up multiple times without leveling up the whole spell book and wanted to use a chat message to choose which skill to level up, how could u make a trigger that works (i've pretty much got everything except for the chat message only applying to the owner of the leveling hero)

Badozz

Reaction score
Check the Vexorian example map in my first post. Maybe that helps.
really helped, well you only have to disable spells, and enable when the hero learns it
why didn't you say this easy one? :)

A

Angman

when i cast a spell from my spellbook it closes is there anyway to stop this?

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Angman said:
when i cast a spell from my spellbook it closes is there anyway to stop this?

Try setting the "shared cooldown" option to false.

dragonhunter said:
Great ive been wondering about spellbooks for AGES

Glad to hear this tutorial helped you.

U

Unregistered

Can I...

How can I make to learn each spell per level? I mean... I want my heros to enter in the spellbook and have to learn every spell there one-by-one... I just want to use the spellbook to have more spells, but I don't want these spells to get level up at the same time. I hope you understand. Thx!

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
Lol, I thought you needed JASS for spellbooks. Your tutorial told me it didn't lol...great tutorial, 5/5.

Is there a way to detect if a spellbook is opened or closed?

H

hauntedfreak

Problem =(

I have a problem o_O I have custom trigger spells in the spell book but when the skills are used they don't do anything. They work when they aren't in the spellbook though... here's what the trigger looks like

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nightmares
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Nightmares
Actions
Set SkillsNightmareTarget = (Target unit of ability being cast)
Set SkillsNightmareCaster = (Casting unit)
Trigger - Turn on NightmaresDamage <gen>
Wait 15.00 seconds
Trigger - Turn off NightmaresDamage <gen>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
NightmaresDamage
Events
Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Cause SkillsNightmareCaster to damage SkillsNightmareTarget, dealing ((Real((Intelligence of SkillsNightmareCaster (Exclude bonuses)))) / 5.00) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Mind

Is there anything really wrong with that? o_O

P

Pawnable

CrimsonYaega said:
ok lets say u want a spell to level up multiple times without leveling up the whole spell book and wanted to use a chat message to choose which skill to level up, how could u make a trigger that works (i've pretty much got everything except for the chat message only applying to the owner of the leveling hero)

Event
A unit gains a level.​
Condition
(Unit-type of (Triggering Unit)) equal to *HERO*.​
Action

Hero - Learn skill for (Triggering Unit): Human Archmage - Blizzard

Set the skill / hero to whatever you'd like.​

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Updated the whole tutorial! I hope its more organized and explains better now.

101112131415 said:
Is there a way to detect if a spellbook is opened or closed?

No, I think.

hauntedfreak said:
I have a problem o_O I have custom trigger spells in the spell book but when the skills are used they don't do anything. They work when they aren't in the spellbook though... here's what the trigger looks like

Nightmares
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Nightmares
Actions
Set SkillsNightmareTarget = (Target unit of ability being cast)
Set SkillsNightmareCaster = (Casting unit)
Trigger - Turn on NightmaresDamage <gen>
Wait 15.00 seconds
Trigger - Turn off NightmaresDamage <gen>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
NightmaresDamage
Events
Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Cause SkillsNightmareCaster to damage SkillsNightmareTarget, dealing ((Real((Intelligence of SkillsNightmareCaster (Exclude bonuses)))) / 5.00) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Mind

Is there anything really wrong with that? o_O

Ill check that out and let you know.

EDIT: I made a test spell and casted it from a spellbook - it worked fine.

stavious

Reaction score
The new version makes it all look a bit... 'smaller' :eek: .
Anyway I used the old tutorial to make a few spellbooks, and it went great, thanx for clarifying all of those little stuff I wasn't so sure about ;) .
I do have one question though: When I have spellbooks in a spellbook, and I use one of them, then the cooldown is one the entire spellbook (since that is the ability) and then you can't enter the spellbook to choose new spells until the cooldown is over. How can this be fixed?

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
I think its more informative and compact now. For your problem, read the tutorial again. :)

sharedcooldown.jpg

Set this to false, it should help.

2evil

Reaction score
A heads up -

from my experience, the spellbook ability will not have te correct tooltip fields if it is simply converted into a hero abilitys. Check out this thread.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
That occurs with all item and unit abilites, which are turned into hero abilites. I add it to the tutorial.

ianu74

Reaction score
Andrewgosu said:

You can’t learn spells in a spellbook like with a hero, but you can set the level of the ability in the spellbook, when nessecary.

exmaple666.jpg
okok... i dunno how to set when my hero's lvl 5, the spellbook goes to lvl 2 to enable another skill in it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.