How to: Make Spellbooks

ianu74

Reaction score
No.. i Didn't put my hero on the map. The hero's being bought in a tavern :banghead:

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
I encourange people to learn variables.:p

sellsunitbuy.jpg

levelbuyunit.jpg

And your homework is to make this MUI. ;)

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Sorry for double posting, but I have to announce, that I updated the tutorial: made it easier to read, added a new trick and uploaded the screenshots of triggers, what Vexorian uses in his spellbook experiments, so that users dont have to download the map if they dont want to.

H

hauntedfreak

Andrewgosu said:
EDIT: I made a test spell and casted it from a spellbook - it worked fine.

Umm that really didn't help... at all. I need to know why my skills custom skills aren't working...

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
hauntedfreak said:
Umm that really didn't help... at all. I need to know why my skills custom skills aren't working...

Well, there could be several reasons. Post a map with the errors or the trigger. Can't help, if I know so little.

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
Hehe, I know, I have been working on spellbooks lately and I keep coming back here for reference.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
can you explain the order id more please because im getting stuck on making a second spellbook work

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Seiryuu said:
Wow great tut!!
everything of spellbook is here!!

Im glad it answered your questions.

Slapshot136 said:
can you explain the order id more please because im getting stuck on making a second spellbook work

You just need to change it. Change it to some order ID of an ability you dont really need, I personally use death pact, root.

Added a levelling sytem for dialogs. Check out the tutorial.

levelss1.jpg

levelss2.jpg

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow I needed that Thankyou :D
you're tutorial is easy to understand with those pictures I really like it
5/5 stars :) but is there a limit to how many spell per book like a shops with only 12 spells?? :confused:
But still 5/5 stars!!! :p

Badozz

Reaction score
lol this changed quite a lot since first release :) but it is geting better and better great job :)

Apostle O

Reaction score
I seem to have a problem with spell book on units that shape-shift. For example: if I give Midivh a spell book ability (or if I give a hero based on Midivh a spell book ability) everything works fine until he uses his crow form. After that, the spell book seems to contain no abilities. Any hints as to why?

-Apostle O

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Yes, thats quite weird. However, I managed to fix that. You just need 2 spellbooks, which contain the same spells. Give the duplicate (1) to medvih and duplicate (2) to the crow form medvih. Then everything should work.

Apostle O

Reaction score
Andrewgosu said:
Yes, thats quite weird. However, I managed to fix that. You just need 2 spellbooks, which contain the same spells. Give the duplicate (1) to medvih and duplicate (2) to the crow form medvih. Then everything should work.

Excellent. I will give that a shot when I have more stable metal faculties about me in the morning, and let you know how it goes by editing this post..

EDIT: For whatever reason, your solution still isn't working for me. I am trying to figure out what could be wrong, but so far it doesn't look like I am having much luck.

-Apostle O

EDIT:

Well, I think I figured out the difference in yours and mine. I was making my spellbook a hero ability for a hero based on Medivh. You made it a unit ability for the basic Medivh. I tried it out, and that is the only difference I can see.

So, the question is, why doesn't it work for the hero ability? A suitable followup question would be: how do we make it work for a hero ability? (Assuming, of course, that the hero ability in question is still being applied to a shape-shifting hero.)

-Apostle O

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Firstly, you need to create anoter version of your hero, because a hero cannot be morphed into a unit and vice versa (edit the crow form ability). Then, when the crow form ability is being cast, you need to make the abilites inside the spellbook permanent. (Both, the hero and the crow from hero have to have the spellbook ability).

Check out the map.

Apostle O

Reaction score
Well, I have been messing with it, and I got it to work. Everything was how you said it, and all of the settings were the same, except the one that I figured was inconsequential; I was wrong. My spell book was a hero ability. Yours was a normal ability. For whatever reason, the spell book as a hero ability glitches out when the hero morphs. The normal ability doesn't. With the normal ability, I don't even need the second form to have the same abilities, so I can have one doing one set of abilities, and the other doing another. I really like how this is working out.

Now I just need to get the animations right. But that is not for this thread.

-Apostle O

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Yes. You just need to use this trigger when your hero morphs. Makes the abilities inside the spellbook permanent.

Code:
Spellbook
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Crow Form 
    Actions
        -------- the spells, inside the spellbook --------
        -------- A002-A004 being the rawcodes. --------
        -------- press ctrl+D in object edtior to view rawcodes. --------
        Custom script:   call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent(GetTriggerUnit(),true,'A002')
        Custom script:   call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent(GetTriggerUnit(),true,'A003')
        Custom script:   call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent(GetTriggerUnit(),true,'A004')

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.