How to: Make Spellbooks

G

godofchaosvn

nice n helpful tut, thx

i saw in the Vexorian map, he can put hero skills to spellbook, but when I add new skill or edit, it can only put unit or item skills. Can u have me?

N

N8-11_GER

yes hi guys i h ave a little problem....
i think u all know defiance orpg i like his spellbook system
i want to have the same :p
so but i do spellbook in hero - ability- normal and also at right position but now i have the prob with lvling that the spells get at higher lvl
example my healer has at first skill group heal and all 5lvl i get 1 lvl higher so that worx at fine but now i want that he get inner fire as example and i want that this spell improves all 9 so i done that i will lvl all 9lvl but the spell is in the spellbook from beginning on
would be nice for fast answer

kelogsloops

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Umm..

I still dont get how to add a skill into spell book.... I click on the tome and it doesnt give me the skill o.o

T

Tubba

I have a question. Say that I want to make something like the 4 spellbooks stuff. Can I make it so that while adding another spell, you also increase the levels of previous spells (Adding entirely new abilities but more powerful) or do I have to do that via triggers?

IE: Level 1: Firebolt
Level 2: Super Firebolt, Inner Fire
Level 3: Ultra Firebolt, Super Inner Fire, Flame Strike

Or must level 2 contain the normal Fire Bolt and level 3 the Firebolt and Inner Fire?

Ormagon

Reaction score
Lvling the skills

basically wat i wanted to do with my spells was to add 2-3 spelbooks in a single heroes abuillities example frost spells/fire spells/lightning spells in a mages abillities then as they llv the spellbook they get the abillitties equal to the books llv to use freely this way u can fully customize ur hero to wat suites u best wen i tried ur tutorial i ended up with a epllbook i learn once and all the skills are in it:banghead: i tried countless times to try a rigger or something but nothing in the triggers seems to correspond with my probleme wat i did was i added a spellbook called holy in a priests abillities and checked if it would work b4 i wentfurther in my customization at the starting lvl 1 i get a abillity point like always i placed it in the spellbook and poof imn a lvl 1 with 8 spells o_O

Parsimony

Reaction score
I'm quite confused about changing the Hero-learnable spellbook icon. Is it possible to change it from the original without it turning all green in-game? it's 12:00 in the evening here right now and i'm too tired to figure it out.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Are you using a custom icon?
Have you imported it correctly? (check the path, etc.)

M

Maleius

the code

Do you need the code for the spellbook to work.

By this I mean can u just follow the tutorial to complete the spellbook and it just have the abilities, say at level 1 for instance. I mean, can you just make an item spellbook which has the abilities, and u can use one after the other, while the used ones are still 'cooldowning'. I saw it on a Warcraft map and it was soo cool.

Cheers

isaax190

Reaction score
Events

Unit - a unit gains a level

Condition

(level of evasion for (trigerring unit)) equal to 2

action

unit increase level of evasion1 for (triggering unit)

not working...
how come??

mippy9

Reaction score
im using spellbooks in my map and im giving a hero a spellbook (with triggers)which he doesnt already have as an ability and i wanna know if its possible to give him the spellbook and make him able to level it up as a normal ability, using triggers.

isaax190

Reaction score
dude there's a problem when inserting the 4th skill in which is passive...
every skills work except for critical skill... how come??

neetmaster

Reaction score
Warcraft3 crashes for me when there is a non-hero unit with spellbook that have Engineering Upgrade in it.

Anyone getting the same problem?

ArmyOfFrogs

Reaction score
Is it possible to Put a Spellbook inside of another Spellbook? There's just about no practical use for this but I was wondering anyways ;]

Side note - On my map that i'm working on ATM, it's only allowing me to put item abilities into the Spellbook, and that's not really a big problem as I've just been making all my abilities Item abilities and they work just fine, been adding them as hero levels fine as well.. Just a bit of a pain and a nuisance and was wondering if there was any explanation or easy fix that i'm missing.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
One question, will the hot keys for spells inside a spell book work even if you didn't open the spell book yet?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.