How to make this spell

Arberden

Reaction score
Basically, I have been trying to make this spell which replaces the move with a blink. For example, if i have the spell at lvl 1, when player hero move he blink 100 range infront at the cost of 15 mana.I tried by using nightelf warden blink and change the range but it will not work if player clicks into fog as it cant blink into fog and if he attacks as there is no event which is if player attacks.
Can someone help me do this best if it can be done in gui.The levels for blink is 75 + lvl x 25 and the mana cost is 5 + lvl x 10. Thanks in advance.

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Create the "Channel" ability, configure it to target ground, to be visible not to disable other abilities. Add 999999999 casting range and make this trigger.
Trigger:
  • Enchanted Blink
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blink
    • Actions
      • Set source = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set target = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set angle = (Angle from source to target)
      • Set distance = (75.00 + ((Real((Level of Blink for (Triggering unit)))) x 25.00))
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_target)
      • Set target = (source offset by distance towards angle degrees)
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to target

Arberden

Reaction score
Create the "Channel" ability, configure it to target ground, to be visible not to disable other abilities. Add 999999999 casting range and make this trigger.
Trigger:
  • Enchanted Blink
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blink
    • Actions
      • Set source = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set target = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set angle = (Angle from source to target)
      • Set distance = (75.00 + ((Real((Level of Blink for (Triggering unit)))) x 25.00))
      • Set target = (source offset by distance towards angle degrees)
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to target

I wanted the blink to work when the player moves or attacks not when he casts a spell.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
So the unit is moved if it is ordered to move or attack-move to a point, and has the Passive Blink ability?
Trigger:
  • Passive Blink
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Passive Blink for (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
      • (Mana of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to (5.00 + ((Real((Level of Passive Blink for (Triggering unit)))) x 10.00))
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set TempPoint2 = (Target point of issued order)
      • Set TempPoint3 = (TempPoint offset by (75.00 + ((Real((Level of Passive Blink for (Triggering unit)))) x 25.00)) towards (Angle from TempPoint to TempPoint2) degrees)
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to TempPoint3
      • Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) - (5.00 + (10.00 x (Real((Level of Passive Blink for (Triggering unit)))))))
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint2)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint3)

I guess you're looking for something like that?

Arberden

Reaction score
So the unit is moved if it is ordered to move or attack-move to a point, and has the Passive Blink ability?
Trigger:
  • Passive Blink
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Passive Blink for (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
      • (Mana of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to (5.00 + ((Real((Level of Passive Blink for (Triggering unit)))) x 10.00))
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set TempPoint2 = (Target point of issued order)
      • Set TempPoint3 = (TempPoint offset by (75.00 + ((Real((Level of Passive Blink for (Triggering unit)))) x 25.00)) towards (Angle from TempPoint to TempPoint2) degrees)
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to TempPoint3
      • Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) - (5.00 + (10.00 x (Real((Level of Passive Blink for (Triggering unit)))))))
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint2)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint3)

I guess you're looking for something like that?

yes.This is something i want but what if the player targets a unit is it possible to make iy blink up to unit then attack it when it comes into attack range. I am quite sure this method would result in the hero walking up to attack if it is ordered to attack.

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
You'd probably want different triggers to account for different events. You can use "a unit is issued an order targeting a point" for move, attack-move, and smart. But then you'll need another trigger with the "a unit acquires a target" event for when your unit auto-acquires a target, and 'walks up to attack it'. You'd have roughly the same actions, just different events.

You'd also want "a unit is issued an order targeting a unit" for when the unit is ordered to attack or follow another unit.

Remember that some orders can target either a unit, point, or item, so you'll need to cover them in multiple triggers. For instance, attack can target a unit (attack) or a point (attack-move). So, it would be part of both triggers.

Then the "acquires a target" trigger would be a whole other thing.

There are a lot of angles to cover, but with careful scrutiny, you can sufficiently replace movement.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.