How to make Unit Drop item?

A

Azbest

Units Drop items. How?

Well, I've been working on my own map for some time now, and so stupid of me, but i dont know how to make units drop items ^^, I've alrdy some Sets in Item Tables.. But ...what?! still dont see what it works :p... help? ^^ please

EDIT; Some1 ...tell me please .. :S ??!

needsthehelp

Reaction score
Ive tryet alot of things but serius. can u tell me / make pic. of how to make unit drop items? .. please

(ive also postet one in "Talk" think it was the wrong place to post this question ^^)

Code:
Unit Death
    Events
        Unit - A unit [COLOR="Red"]Dies[/COLOR]
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to [COLOR="Red"]Footmen[/COLOR]
    Actions
        Item - Create [COLOR="Red"]Item[/COLOR] at (Position of (Dying unit))

A

Azbest

Code:
Unit Death
    Events
        Unit - A unit [COLOR="Red"]Dies[/COLOR]
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to [COLOR="Red"]Footmen[/COLOR]
    Actions
        Item - Create [COLOR="Red"]Item[/COLOR] at (Position of (Dying unit))

Thanks alot for the answer :) but...ive tryet that ;/ ..and i want something from the Item tables ...like (50% chance to drop [item1] 20% [item2] 30%[item3] u know ? ... :/ but i dont know how to do so :(

setari

Reaction score
Hm i dont think you can have a drop percentage on a unit, from my knowledge... its usually just an item or two that ALWAYS drops, off that one creep... brings to my mind WoW lol. But i'm a newb to WE so hopefully maybe there is an answer... if there is im favoriting this page =P.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Double click a unit, go to items dropped. Create a custom table, select a new item and at the top of the pop up window you can see "Chance 100%". Change that to whatever you want.

Edit:
>its usually just an item or two that ALWAYS drops, off that one creep...
Incorrect, in wc3 all the "main" creeps always drops a random item of rank 1. But that's because blizzard has given them that item table from the beginning. Note, this is only in blizzards maps.

A

Azbest

o: Okay.

Ah ok. i dint know that :/ ..(Stupid) ;( ..then i need to make my item drop rates on anotherway :SS but thanks alot for helping me out with this :)

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Code:
Drop item
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Random = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                Random Less than or equal to 30
            Then - Actions
                Item - Create Tome of Experience at (Position of (Triggering unit))
            Else - Actions
There you are, an easy trigger that works for all units. 30% chance that an the item Tome of Experience (note you can change this to whatever you want) will drop at the feet of the dying unit.

B

Bloody_Turds

select the unit in world editor, double click it go to item droped tab, then set it how you want,

A

Azbest

Code:
Drop item
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Random = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                Random Less than or equal to 30
            Then - Actions
                Item - Create Tome of Experience at (Position of (Triggering unit))
            Else - Actions
There you are, an easy trigger that works for all units. 30% chance that an the item Tome of Experience (note you can change this to whatever you want) will drop at the feet of the dying unit.
AWESOME! THANKS! :) would give +rep? if i know how to ^^ .. :D tell me :D im new here...seen alot writing +rep :D

setari

Reaction score
Holy crud that's awesome. you add +rep by clicking on the scale in that person's post, in the upper right hand corner of their post. I'm adding to his rep too =P. That will help me a lot later when i really delve into this stuff...

Jeeyo

Reaction score
its just in the object manager-->units-->chose a specific unit-->then click items dropped then the rest is all up to you.

A

Azbest

its just in the object manager-->units-->chose a specific unit-->then click items dropped then the rest is all up to you.

There ain't no "items droppet" ... only "unit drops item on dead" ..... or :/?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.