how to make units walk on water using item/ability

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
i have units who can walk on ground and shallow water, but once they get a specifc item, i want them to be able to walk on deep water also, change their movement type to amphibious... any one know how to do it?

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
you could set the watered areas to a tileset not used anywhere else in the map and when they walk on that type of tile check if they have the item, and then add storm crow and make them a flying unit with a minimum height of whatever the ground level is? just a thought

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
I asked this kind of question a long time ago. Go to Game and Pathability, Check the floatability of the unit. If its true, hes in water, and make him hover over the water. About the movespeed, i dont know...

Cookie!

Reaction score
Have you tried making the unit a flying unit if it has said item, and setting flying height to zero?

Might be worth a try :).

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Adding Crow Form does not change the unit's path type, but allows you to change the unit's flying height with triggers despite the unit not being a flying type. It's a bug that many map editors take advantage of to create special effects, but it does not change the AI's path behavior.

The flying movement type also does not work for this type of spell, as it also would grant the unit the ability to path over obstacles that amphibious movement cannot.

The only way to change a unit's movement type is to change the unit itself. There is sadly no way around it. This can be done either of two ways:

1) Transform the unit. You can use Metamorphosis (reversible, requires order) or Chaos (not reversible, no order required).
2) Replace the unit. This is done with a trigger action, but loses any saved variable data and forces you to reset any unit specific settings (such as health and skill points).

If you are looking for to create this in the form of an item, then you would need to create a copy with amphibious movement for every hero eligible. Then you would need to add either Chaos or make the unit use Metamorphosis, or simply replace it. Know that these sort of triggers have to be very thorough - you may want to save all the corresponding abilities and unit types in some system like a hashtable in order to make an effective trigger.

Cookie!

Reaction score
Adding Crow Form does not change the unit's path type, but allows you to change the unit's flying height with triggers despite the unit not being a flying type. It's a bug that many map editors take advantage of to create special effects, but it does not change the AI's path behavior.

Ah, I see. I was under the impression that the unit became a flying unit... my mistake :eek:.

doomsday

Reaction score
cant u just make the item grant submerge so that a unit holding it can float on water...

DioD

Reaction score
you may create illusion of water with water model, and simply not allow hero to step this area without item.

there is completely no way to change movetype of hero without massing objects.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.