How to make website www.get(name).com

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Firstly, you need to purchase a domain name. Here is cheap place. Then you will need to setup web hosting. There are many free hosts, you will just have to search around.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you don't have money, you cannot have a .com domain.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
You have to start somewhere, When i was in like 7th grade i used a free hosting site that was like .freewebs or something like that. First things, first, you need to learn html Start off in notepad, you don't even need to have your site online to view, html file locally on your computer. Once you've learn it, get a free hosting site. Then if you are serious about it, get paid, but don't bother, if you are not serious about web design. I was fortunate to have my uncle to make me a sub domain of his site, derrick.kamphaus.orgThe on difference from this is, that its paid hosting, has ftp, and its better than derrick.freehosting.com or what ever, because its my first and last name :D. But just keep working at it. You can't expect to instantly step into web design without any prior knowledge, and have a great site up and running like nothing. It took me years to master web design, and to get my site to how it is today. And it could still be better.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Well you're not getting anywhere without a way to electronically transfer your money.

Not to mention is .com name is nothing without a server to host your files on. And what exactly do you want with a .com name if you don't even know any programming/scripting languages? You wouldn't be able to put anything on the site.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
You have to start somewhere, When i was in like 7th grade i used a free hosting site that was like .freewebs or something like that. First things, first, you need to learn html Start off in notepad, you don't even need to have your site online to view, html file locally on your computer. Once you've learn it, get a free hosting site. Then if you are serious about it, get paid, but don't bother, if you are not serious about web design. I was fortunate to have my uncle to make me a sub domain of his site, derrick.kamphaus.orgThe on difference from this is, that its paid hosting, has ftp, and its better than derrick.freehosting.com or what ever, because its my first and last name :D. But just keep working at it. You can't expect to instantly step into web design without any prior knowledge, and have a great site up and running like nothing. It took me years to master web design, and to get my site to how it is today. And it could still be better.

That's (somewhat) how I learned.
I started learning HTML about 2-3 years ago, just as something to do, but just recently I became more interested in it, and now I plan on going to college to learn Web Design and such.

If your looking to learn, w3schools is the best. I owe my knowledge of XHTML and CSS to them. Soon I'll be thanking them for teaching me JavaScript and PHP.

As to not being able to pay for a site, there are two options for you:
1. Free hosting.
2. Setting up your own server.
If you do the first, that will be cool because then you can have other people visit your site. If you do the second, people won't be able to access it (unless you want them to connect to your computer).

For the first option, I started with 000webhost.com. If you ignore page inspections, it isn't bad.
For the second, use XAMPP.

---

Web Design is tricky, because there are so many new things coming out. But that's what makes it fun. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.