How to merge 2 or more mod files

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hi, there is a way to merge together 2 or more mod files in one single file?

I have to do a mod but i want to practice in a second file before adding the new things in the main one. So if a make things working i want to add them in the other file without rewriting them or without copy-paste all of the changes.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I don't know of any method other than to copy and paste. You can however use the XML view to make copying objects much easier (you will only need to do one copy/paste per data type rather than per object).

Is there any particular reason why you couldn't just publish the extra mod file and make that a dependency in your map?

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I cant add it as a dependance (i can but its not a good idea) becouse i want to make a different mod for every single unit/building/ability/other thing. So i can decide what to add in the final mod without messing too much the mod itself. This becouse i will make different versions of things and then i will test all of them and add only the best ones.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I really think making a mod for every single object is a bad idea. If I were you, I'd rethink it and see if it's really necessary.

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
At the end the mod will be a single file. I will have a lot of sub-mod files only during the development phase and not all the submods will be active at the same time.

Try thinking to it as a book, i will write each chapter in a different pack of sheets (and maybe 2 or 3 variants of the same chapter) then i will swap chapters until i will find the best story and only at this time i will tie togheter the packs of sheets making the "official" book, wasting the other packs.

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Most important thing: im working at this mod with 2 others guys so if im working at tha mod the others cannot work becoise the file is on my pc. If there is a way to merge files the others can work to a specific unit am then send me their files and i will add their work to the mod.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.