How to: Model Weapon Attachments with Particle Emitters

Such

Reaction score
Hey i imported a model just like yours and closed the program, then i restart it, but when i put the model in the game it crash.
And now i can't even load my map, please don't say that i losted my map.
i'll upload my map, so you can see. "It's a new map i didn't even begin it"

Attachments

• MyMap.w3x
    109 KB · Views: 416

Glivee

The Swedish Moose
Reaction score
Does any of the programs needed for this Work on Vista?

If yes, how do you get em to work.
If No, any other programs? :>

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Did you try Run As Administrator or Compatibility mode?

Glivee

The Swedish Moose
Reaction score
Yes im not that new to Vista :p Theres some file missing it says :>

I need a OCX file :<

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Sorry. I run on XP, but everyone else says that these programs work on vista... so perhaps try reinstalling... (sorry I dont have any more advice.)

Glivee

The Swedish Moose
Reaction score
Do you need to have'em in the same folder as Warcraft III is installed?

The ocx file is also installed in the windows/system folder.

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
You don't need them in the Warcraft III folder, and I saved mine onto the system... so I don't know whats going on. Have you tried to search for that OCX file?

Glivee

The Swedish Moose
Reaction score
I allready have the file but i think is this problem only occuring to me cause i run on Vista?

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Sorry for the long wait, but I just got my laptop and it runs on vista, and I have the same problem. It says I need a comdlg.ocx (or something) file... I checked online and downloaded the file. But, for some reason it doesn't allow me to register the file. It says that the file is not there (etc.), so I just wanted to let you know that I have the same reason. And if I find a solution I will let you know about it (and if you can tell me if you figure it out, that would be great).

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Part 2 is horribly done...

You just randomly skip to "I rotated the model 45 degrees" and you never explain HOW to rotate...

Can anybody tell me how?

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion, I added another part of the tutorial to clear that up. If this still doesn't make sense to you, please explain what you don't get. I hope it helps.

What I added:
Manipulating the Model: In depth
Manipulating the nodes can be tricky... this, I hope will clear up some confusion.
  1. First, you want to select the nodes that you want to rotate, translate, or scale. So, click the select button (if it is not already highlighted).
  2. When selecting the nodes, use the left mouse button to select the nodes you want. If the nodes are close together, select the "Add" button and then you can click on more nodes, without deselecting the others. Similar to "Add", you use "deselect" to click nodes and deselect them from the group. Remeber! Use the left button for all selecting! If you want to deselect all nodes, then select the "Select" button and click away from any nodes.
  3. When you have the nodes you want selected, choose one of the transformation buttons to do what you want.
  4. In the above, I selected the whole box and in the top left window, I used the rotate tool and with my mouse I clicked the right button and dragged until the box was shifted onto its pointy side.
  5. Then, with the selection tool, I selected four of the nodes on top of the box, I then selected the extrude tool. With this, I clicked and dragged with my right mouse button and dragged up so four NEW nodes were made, but they were connected to the original four I selected first. I did this step multiple times to make the sword long, and make the hilt.
  6. Next, I used the scale ability and I selected the top four nodes that I wanted to be a tip. I scaled this down alot (with the right mouse button), so those go into a point.
  7. Next I selected two of the nodes on the side of the sword and scaled them in, so the sword is flatter, and not looking like a big box.
  8. Then, I used a combination of all of these tools and the "Move" tool to make the sword straight and make it look even.

Destroyers

Reaction score
A save problem.

Near the start you use Image Extractor and find a image that you like.

(Now you have the drop downs at the top view, help, and quit which i am missing and it appears you can also save by right clicking.) That aside, I save it either as a .tga or a .blp on my desktop.
Open the vertex modifyer and go to open it and the program can only open JPEG, GIF and BMP images.:eek:

Pressing forward I decided to simply download a picture of a sword fron the internet (.jpg). I opened it and applied my sword to it and saved.:D

I change the notepad form "Texture\White.blp" to "Desktop\Epicweapon_6570.jpg", and saved. opened it in the Model editor and my sword is simpy black. (no image applied). :confused:

Repeated this procedure or similar 5x. :banghead::nuts:

Some help would be nice ty.

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
I see what you did there.
The image that you "wrap" onto the model has to be in .BLP format, which is why I usually only use WC3 models. If you use you're very own texture, you will have to change the .JPG to .TGA, then use a .TGA <-> .BLP converter like the Warcraft III Image Editor II, to change the image to .BLP. After this, then you have to put the image in the same file as the model, then you can set the texture onto it...

The above is complex, in my opinion, so instead, you can get you're .BLP image from the Image Editor, and save it as a .TGA then use another program to convert it to a .JPG to open it in the Vertex Editor.

I hope this clears up some stuff for you = /

Sorry for the confusion.

CYRRIC

Reaction score
with the first the vertex editor i don't know how you do all men the guy explain nothing of what i touch and how.

and second the vertex programme is very very very not easy to use you can't move visibilty with mouse or arrow, window are small, and you can't enter value to modifie your model you can only do it by your eye :(((

gods soldier

Reaction score
it's a good tutorial but.

could display step by step pictures? as my sword looks odd plus your tutorial shows image viewer ONE not two.if possible fix that error.from the new guy gods soldier:).

gods soldier

Reaction score
also by the way...

if you downloaded nullcurant's sword(it can be either one)you can just load it up in your modeling tool(in my case model editor v1.0)if you use my model editor then go under mpq archiver.now then select any blp you like.(i made multiple swords.and in my case blood elf lutenient)now then go to material manager and locate the material that says dungeon doodads.blp(or if your using null's firesword)and replace it with your texture then you can edit the particle all you want!!!and thats all you need to know!

gods soldier

Reaction score
also...

null is it possible to create a brand new aimation within a unit??oh and is it possible to add a weapon to replace the old one.if this is possible could you make a tutorial.as i plan on making an orc archer for various uses.also i plan on using the grunt for the base of the model.also my tools are vertix modifier,photoshop,model editer,model viewer,and image importer.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.