How to Open a Map that exceed 8 MB di World editor ??? Read carefully first !

omniversal

Reaction score
Hmm... i got some deprotected Map and i want open in World editor to learn the trigger but the map is exceed 8MB ( the size map about 9MB ). What i know is the World editor only support to able to open any map that below 8 MB.

So my question is How to Open a Deprotected Map i got that exceed 8 MB in World editor ?

Note : Iam not requesting any map to Deprotected it. What i want is just how to open a Deprotected Map that exceed 8MB that i got in World editor. Thats ALL. Please Read Carefully TQ

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
Perhaaaaps perhaaaaps deep inside dark forest exists a program that is able to extract loads of useless models from that map and make it usable again?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
I believe WE can open maps of large sizes. I've opened maps of 20MB size without a problem.

Perhaps it's the 'deprotection' that causes the map to be unopenable.
Don't waste your time. Learn things from unprotected maps. They are protected for a reason.

SouLEDGE

Damn you advanced calculus
Reaction score
8mb only applies to B.Net as far as I can remember. There are LAN maps that are definitely bigger
and can be played in War3 and opened by the editor. If you have a deprotected map... you didn't
get it from the person that made it because they would've just given you the original unprotected map
Like vyper85 said: Don't waste your time

evilwolf

Reaction score
Hmm... i got some deprotected Map and i want open in World editor to learn the trigger but the map is exceed 8MB ( the size map about 9MB ). What i know is the World editor only support to able to open any map that below 8 MB.

So my question is How to Open a Deprotected Map i got that exceed 8 MB in World editor ?

Note : Iam not requesting any map to Deprotected it. What i want is just how to open a Deprotected Map that exceed 8MB that i got in World editor. Thats ALL. Please Read Carefully TQ
You just open it, But it won't be playable on Battle.net.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
You can open a map of any size in the WE. I opened a ~50+ mb map before. Like everyone else said, its the deprotection that is blocking it (for a reason...hint hint).

If you have a deprotected map... you didn't
get it from the person that made it because they would've just given you the original unprotected map
Like vyper85 said: Don't waste your time

This.

Risen

Reaction score
Maybe the deprotected map is his own map?

Try saving the map with WE, then run Vex's optimizer on it. After the deprotection process the map is usually decompressed and obfuscated (to a degree.)

omniversal

Reaction score
i think many all of you are misunderstand to think THat map is protected !! But please read carefully. I got that map from other forum and that map is already been Deprotected so i think there is no Protection on that map again. So how to open a map that already been deprotected and exceed 8 MB ?

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
i think many all of you are misunderstand to think THat map is protected !! But please read carefully. I got that map from other forum and that map is already been Deprotected so i think there is no Protection on that map again. So how to open a map that already been deprotected and exceed 8 MB ?

You need to read everyone's replies carefully. Let me clarify what we have already established.

1. This site does not support deprotection in anyway.

2. Deprotection != Opensource, in other words, if the author of that map gave it to you, obviously it would not be protected, which means that it would not already be deprotected.

3. In case this needs re-emphasizing.... if you got the map from the author, why would it be deprotected? Deprotection means the map was originally protected. which means you got it from a source which does not have the authority to give you permission to open it.

3. You can open a map of any size in the WE. The size of a map has nothing to do with it.

4. If you got the map from another website, why don't you ask them?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
WE Unlimited or whatever, there's more than that but that one comes to mind (the more extensive editing programs people have made), can open maps and let you extract whatever data you want. Although I wasn't aware that the normal editor was unable to open maps, I was always under the assumption that was a Battle.net limit as you can easily make maps 100+ megs. You just can't host it.

Or you would open it in an MPQ editor like others have suggested and just take the triggers out and put them in another map. You could technically do that with everything.

As to why you keep saying it's deprotected I don't understand - if it's deprotected, it's just a map. What issues, specifically, are you encountering?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.