Tutorial How to Remove "Upkeep" Messages

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Not sure if the title is correct, but oh well.

This tutorial is how to remove the messages that you get by upkeeps (No Upkeep, Low Upkeep, and High Upkeep) and even add a message of your own!

Requirements:
The Frozen Throne

Instructions:

Open your Map
Go to Advanced>Gameplay Constants
Make sure "Use Custom "Gameplay Constants" is checked
Edit the following fields: (Might not be in the exact order)
gameplayconstantssp6.png

Press Ok.
Go to Advanced> Gameplay Interface
Make sure "Use Custom Game Interface" is checked
Edit the following fields: (Are not in the right order)
gameinterfacejf3.png

Press Ok.
(The fields with text MUST have some sort of text(or a space). Else in game it will have the default text.
Results:
result2bc8.png

result1jc0.png

To remove the "100%", add '|cff0F1B28' at the end of your message. In my case it would be after 'Map's Coolness" Thanks to Evote for this find :D
So that there is a Line skip between "Made by esb" and "Contact me at" just CTRL + Enter. (¶ = CTRL + Enter)

N

Nabren

I have been trying to remove the 100% in my map as well to no avail. You can get it to say 0% by always incurring a 100% tax rate even on no upkeep but there is still something there when you don't want it there. It's too bad you can't dynamically change it because then you could use it for something in gameplay like percentage of quests completed so it didn't look odd floating out in the middle of nowhere.

esb

Reaction score
Yeah, although i think it might be editable in the MPQ. Dunno, didn't really bothered.

BUT: You can change Gold Income Rate to a certain number, and that could be Version Completition
So it could be Version Completition: 50% :p but it's really hard to tell how far away you are from a final version...
thats the only use i see people could use of that %.

master maste

Reaction score
good tutorial always wanted to know, let me know if you get rid of the 100% thing. . . +rep :)

100% could be changed to "100% awesome map" lol

esb

Reaction score
I just noticed i posted the same pic twice for some odd reason (evil CTRL + V)

EDIT: Actually, i found a few things i skipped, so ima do the pics over :p

C

Cheese_Rings

cool

Can you also change the gold & lumber thing w/ that?

N

Nabren

I hate messing with MPQ's.. it's almost too much effort, especially with how powerful the basic editor is, heh.

esb

Reaction score
Can you also change the gold & lumber thing w/ that?

Um... Do you mean the icons? Yeah, in Game Interface > "Icon - Gold/Lumber/Food"

And yeah, "100%" won't hurt anyone, come to think of it, you could add "Coolness: 100%" lol :p

Edit: Fixed

esb

Reaction score
BUMP
Just waiting approval, or whatever it is i should wait for.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
wow cool, now i can finish the upkeep work, im having problems on the upkeep, well outside you can see v.10 but when you place the arrow at v.10 the description is awful......+rep

Evote

Reaction score
well done but u can remove the 100% just change it's colour to the backround colour of the box just put thisa after the maps coolness
|cff1C3D64
And put this be4 the maps coolness |cffFFFFFF it'll make it the same colour as the other writing

esb

Reaction score
sorry use this |cff0F1B28 after the map coolness bit

Cool, thanks, i'll try it later, right now i'm busy, and if it works, i'll add it. Thanks!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.