How to run and shoot in world edit?

BurnxFlame

Reaction score
How do you make a unit run and shoot at same time, like archer running away but arrows still come out

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
use the ability the phoenix fire and change the stats in it so it doesent burn over time and the missle to an arrow

kingkwong92

Reaction score
The damage is spell and you can't target it. Also you would have to disable it when you are in combat.

BurnxFlame

Reaction score
Pardon me, but I thought area of affect was just things that got damaged around the initial target, or has the wording of english has changed xD

kingkwong92

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that it right.
Area of effect is the area from the caster in which a unit will come under its effect.

BurnxFlame

Reaction score
Area of affect is the damage it does to units around it when the strike hits, like example.

Shoot a boulder, it hits a unit, other units recieve partial damage.

kingkwong92

Reaction score
It's not.
I've just tested it.
You can try too if you want.
It's like an aura, the area of effect is the area in which a unit recieves the aura.
A targeted spell which isn't passive. The area of effect is the area around the target point.
passive and targeted are different
You can test it out if you don't believe me;)

Bloodydood

Reaction score
Area of Effect (AoE) is the radius in which the spell's effects take place to all units or objects.

Setting the AoE to 600 is the exact same thing as setting a unit's attack range to 600.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Pardon me, but I thought area of affect was just things that got damaged around the initial target, or has the wording of english has changed xD
Area of effect is the radius of a circle in which the spell or attack might affect targets.

In the context of each spell, the effect might be different.
- For example, for War Stomp, all units in the area of effect will be damaged. Same for Rain of Fire.
- For Phoenix Fire, the area of effect defines the area in which a unit can be targeted automatically by Phoenix Fire - for this ability, that means pretty much the same thing as "range". Barrage is also like Phoenix Fire.
- For Chain Lightning, area of effect determines the area from which a unit will be picked to be targeted by a bounce of the lightning - pretty much the same thing as the range of the lightning bounce.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.