How to save only a portion of your map (e.g. Triggers)?

staind25

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I have a map with a large number of doodads so it takes way longer than it should to save my map when all I've done is edited the triggers. 90% of my edits at this point are trigger-related. Is there any way I can tell the world editor to only overwrite the triggers, and not everything else (which hasn't changed)? I know I can export triggers and then import them...but I'm not sure if that's a good habit and would probably take just as long...?

Thanks a ton! This would be a very huge time save if I had a good solution for this.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You could copy your triggers over to another map and edit from there, bringing only the necessary doodads etc. with you into the new map and removing them after the triggers are perfected.

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
Or the simple way to do it is to change the map name when you save it.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
That would create a new map file AND save everything, taking up even more memory.

staind25

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
You could copy your triggers over to another map and edit from there, bringing only the necessary doodads etc. with you into the new map and removing them after the triggers are perfected.

I think this is probably my best option. Thanks :)

Imp Midna

Reaction score
Well, the editor itself is not able to do it, but there is always the opportunity to use cheat engine ;)
Actually, if its just about the doodad files, cheat engine works pretty well. I use it myself to skip the doodad part and im pretty sure you can use it to skip all the other parts too.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.