How to set a set a target unit?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
I want an ability that will be targeting a unit, and I simply cant figure out how to make it target a unit? where do I set the target?

I got a set effect, a create persistant effect, a damage effect, and an apply behavior effect.
The set effect launches the persistant which will launch the apply behavior as initial and the damage as periodic once every 0.2 sec 10 times.
Which values will I have to change to make it possible to target a unit? (right now I do not care if it targets both allied and enemy units (I know how to filter that))

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Make sure the Set effect's "Target: Target Location Type" field is set to "Unit".

You might also want to check the Damage effect's "Target: Impact Location" field is set to "Target Unit"

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Make sure the Set effect's "Target: Target Location Type" field is set to "Unit".

You might also want to check the Damage effect's "Target: Impact Location" field is set to "Target Unit"

Hmm - okay dont know what I did wrong, I tried setting the effect for the "Ghost - Sniper" ability to the effect I created. And it worked just fine, so apearently it was my ability which were wrong?

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Which effect did you link with the Ghost - Snipe ability? Was it the set effect?

Try checking the target location property on all of your effects. Other than that, not really sure about this one. Siretu seems to have covered everything that it should be.

Jokker

Reaction score
He linked his own effect to the Ghost - Snipe ability. Not the other way : )
So basically the mistake was in the ability itself, not the effect.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.