How to: Slide

mems

Memory Lapse
Reaction score
what do you want to do exactly?
if u want the caster demages units around it while sliding you can do it with 2 ways

- while he slides just give him an ability based from a demaging aura (sorry i forget the name the nautral hostiles infernal has the spell) and when he stops remove the ability
or
- pick every units within range of caster and do actions (demage units) on each step and remove the unit group with custom script.(which i dont remember the codes lmao!)

on the second way u should mark the units that already been demaged with something to not demage them again and again.

anyway i made the gui tutorial to make people understand the basics of slide. NEVER try to make a slide with GUI i strongly recommend you to learn jass.

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I DUN understand? do you mean to strike the enmy while being slided or to damage him b4 / after sliding?

For the b4 thing, just use stormbolt as the base skill

for strike while slide
--------------
PS: Make sure to set the sliding unit into a variable and add this trigger to the initialization of the slide (meaning, the first trig)

Trigger - Add (Unit - <your target unit variable> takes damage to <see trigger below>)

Code:
see trigger below
    Event
    Conditions
    Actions
        Trigger - Turn off (this trigger)
        Unit - Make damage source deal <targetvar> <ur damage> of attack type <any> of damage type Normal
        Trigger - Turn on (this trigger)

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
ok good idea with imolation - but i simply dont understand jass doesnt even know how to create an jass trigger :confused::eek::rolleyes:

mems

Memory Lapse
Reaction score
tehere are tutorials about Jass around in this tutorial forum and on many other WC3 modding forums. even u can just type jass tutorial to google.

Dont be afraid u can leran if u really wat and after getting the jass u will find yourself playing with sand and water instead of legos which enables you to manipulate many impossible things in wc3

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Couldn't you do this without the variables?

Not really (unless you want leaks)

1) How are you going to access the sliding unit from the periodic trigger? Triggering Unit/Target Unit of Ability Being Cast etc. won't carry over from the casting trigger so you need a variable for it

2) Less customizability

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
So it won't go if you don't use variables? And I know that it will be less customizable.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Nothing really, but if you get a million variables its going to take up quite a bit of space in the map.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
wow nice bump! this is exactly what i needed!
a quick question that u guys might be able to answer (cuz i dk if the guy is still active who made it) but instead of using that HandleVars system, is it possible to use a globals block? or would it not work?

EDIT: nvm figured out why cant

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.