how to terrain an orc town???

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i am making a cinmatic where humans invade an orc town the thin is i dont know how to terrain the orc town as in what buildings to use what tile set and trees and so on

where can i get some good models to create an orc town

also any tips please on this will be very help full and any tips in terraining in genrol will be help full as well

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I am currently running a terrain request thread so if you want I could make this town for you.

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
um ok but make the map size big and have the town to not take up the hole map opnly like 1/4 or somthign

any tips???

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
maybe a pig being roasted in a corner?
they have orc huts in the editor... just the same one but with different colors...

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Pig farms, burrows, barracks, tier building, orc towers, gnoll huts/tents, troll log houses, maybe the harpy/owlbear nests.

The extra TFT campaghn with Rexar has a nice ogrimmar you could draw from.

Barrens tile setting makes sense, fires/spears/boxes for doodads. Tree stumps and rocks, maybe bones from a dragon or 'enemies', cages with other races units within them.

Integrate the city into a cliff, the paths for walking on should be sunken in a bit.

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
What trees and shrubs and flows and so on should i use

how to stop the sky from coming though the terrain like this

i know in the WE u can hold Ctrl and scroll but how to get rid of it in game?????

mylemonblue

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Grab an MPQ extractor (Power MPQ is my fav) and open up the war3x.mpq in your WC3 directory. Extract the first Orcx map. Open it (Not in NewGen!). They used some scaling and doodad techniques there.

Like, took the Watchtower building and made it a doodad... Some really neat stuff. Basic, but neat.

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
so have the town like infunt of a cliff using orc builings then have the houses out of pig farms and so on what can i have for the enterace to the town where the humands will be coming from??

mylemonblue

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Or Ashenvale or Outland. If he gets real creative he could try Zangarmarsh, but that would likely either require a mix of Ashenvale/Felwood and Sunken Ruins tilesets or custom textured ones. Out of the question IMO.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.