How to use other tiles but not change all of them

Dem0n_Hunter

Reaction score
Hi, I couldn't really put what I want in the title so excuse that one. What I want to do is to use a different tile like Black Capital but I don't want all of my tiles change to Black Capital. How do I do that? thx in advanced

Ah Idk if this is worth mentioning but I'm using NewGen WE

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Goto Advanced -> Modify Tileset.
Then check the "use custom tileset" option. It will allow you to replace each tile with a new one if you wish. I'm not too familiar with NewGen but I think it has a greater capacity for tilesets (there's a limit).

Dem0n_Hunter

Reaction score
Ok, I do that but I can't remove tiles to replace them with another one in Loredaeron Summber tileset
thing is, I've seen some people use different tile sets in different regions in the same map. how do I do that?

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
You can. You have to ensure a few things though:
- Did you check the "use custom tileset" option? Check it

Then below the current tileset there will be "Texture space used". You have a max amount of texture space you can use, so to add different tiles from different tilesets, you have to remove some of yours first. Obviously the ones that you don't use too often.

I've heard that NewGen overrides the limits to some extent, but I'm not too familiar with that. Remember, you have to remove some textures to free up space for others. Each tile has a number next to it indicating how much space it takes. Also, the ones with the red box can't be removed or added I think.

Dem0n_Hunter

Reaction score
Oh I just realized that if ur using any of them in ur map u can't remove them from tileset. but the thing is i've seen a map ( impossible bosses) that uses like 10 different tilesets in the same map. how do u do that?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.