How would you make this into a good icon?

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
how exactly would you make this into a good icon for wc3?
attachment.php

I drew this / colored it myself.
I'm no good at coloring, but drawing is what I do good at.
I just did a quick 5 minute drawing of a sword and this is what I came up w/.
Didn't try very hard on it which is why the quality of it is a little low, but I did try on the color. Failed at it. It's not set to my non-computer drawing standards.

I was wondering, what background would you add to this and what changes would you make to the color to make this a quality icon? better yet, what changes would you make to make this a good icon?

Please post an image of what your idea would be to make this good, or if it's a complete failure that I should not even think of trying to make this an icon please speak up.

Attachments

• Sword.png
    Sword.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 364

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
Well first you have some alignment issues.

attachment.php

I would get those squared up so your sword doesn't look so mismatched.

Another thing is your lines are sketchy. I can tell you drew it by hand quite easily. Try to straighten your lines and make them solid.

Attachments

• probs.jpg
    probs.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 419

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
when I shrink this down to 64x64, I wouldn't think that the lines would make a difference if it was solid or sketchy, but ok.

As for allignment, I did mention this was a 5 minute drawing with little effort into it. I started with the hilt and drew and hardly erased any mistakes.

Since I know the basics of making an icon, yet I don't know how to even make a good one, (I see people taking a big block of gray and turning it into a sword with the smudge, burn, and dodge tool, Mine doesn't turn out ANYWHERE near the quality)

I'm just wondering, where should I go with this besides allignment and the sketchy lines? No matter what I do, this icon is going to suck.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.