Howl

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
A short story based on a dream i had, i do have a happy life, but i dream weird s**t. ^^;

I wrote this about a year ago, so any creative feedback is a + ^^

Also:
Maybe not suitable for everyone as it contains violence and gore, so just in case i put it on a spoiler, as i am too lazy to read the rules about this stuff ^^

Howl

I've been walking for some time on the forest path, but it seems I'll make it in time before I run out of food. The village I'm heading to shouldn't be far off now anyway. However, it's getting late and I better prepare a camp if I don't wish to freeze in the night. As always, I pull up the small tent and make a fire in front of it. The fire keeps the animals off, but besides that I enjoy the warmth of it. Ever since my parents died I haven't enjoyed real warmth in a long long time.

I must have been sleeping for some time, before the noise woke me up. It was a rustling sound, probably an animal or something, but still human curiosity got the better of me. I climb out of the small tent and pick up one of the sticks and light it on fire. Looking around with it reveals nothing. The sound stops. I take one more glance around the area before putting the stick down. It waited for me to put the stick down. The very next moment a bear sized beast jumps on me, was I lucky or not I do not know, but it missed with it's claws. I pick up the stick on a reflex and jab it into the animal. Didn't seem to make a difference. However, the appearance of the animal paralyzes me with fear. I have never seen something that frightening. It's eyes are completely black, almost impossible to tell where the pupils are. They glisten with the light of the fire and the rage of the animal. The muzzle of the animal is long and ends with sharp like knives teeth. Those were the two things I've seen before I was mauled over my chest and fell down, unconscious.

How long I have slept, I did not know. I stood up. I am at my camp. It isn't important. I am hungry. I take some meat and eat it. The very next moment I spit it out. Disgusting. I don't want dried meat. I want something fresh, bloody. I yearn for flesh. My eyesight is getting hazy and red. My body is starting to move on its own. I can't control myself now. I took of running into the forest. Running, sniffing the air. Why? I do not understand what is going on. I am aware of my body, but unable to act. I try desperately but it will not listen. I see a deer, is it me who sees it? I run towards it, it runs away. Why am I faster then it? I pounce on it and break its neck. Sweet blood and flesh. The guts, the heart, the flesh and blood. I love every bit of this carcass. Falling down.

I wake up. I am not at my camp, where has that animal taken me? I look around and see the carcass of a deer. My god, was that not a dream, did I really do everything I dreamt? I do not believe it, it is madness. Yet, I will seek information about this in the village, if I knew where it was. For now I walk towards a random direction. Walking and looking at the ground and trees for any signs of humanity. There are none. I keep walking on, looking. I hear a shout from afar, and I run towards it. As I approach I hear sounds of timber being cut. I see lumberjacks in the distance, and run towards them. One of them sees me and runs towards me in great speed, and grabs me. ''Are you alright? What attacked you? ''. What attacked me, what is he talking about? I look at myself and I notice blood. Blood everywhere, on my hands and on my clothes. Now I believe I was the one who killed the deer. But how? I had to lie: ''I was attacked by a bear, but it got frightened of the fire and I chased it away. It mauled me though, I need medical treatment''. The lumberjack helps me to walk, although I do not need help, I am able on my own. It is the village I was hoping to get to, but all of my belongings are lost now, except the money which I keep on my person. I am taken to a doctor. The eyes of the townspeople follow me, weird looks. The doctor is a middle-aged man, and he cleans my face and hands of blood, and gives me clean clothes. When he bandages my chest, he comments on me being very lucky, as the wound is only a scratch. Impossible, I felt the claws run deep into my chest. But it is true, it isn't more then a big scratch. ''Where did all of this blood come from? The Bear? ''. I could not tell the truth in fear I would be run out of town in an instant. ''I jabbed it with a poker, I probably managed to hit an artery''. I can see it in his eyes, the doctor does not believe me. ''It was something else that attacked you, not a bear. Just take care of yourself, and if you need any help, ask me''. That moment the doctor's eyes looked so caring and loving, they reminded me of my father. I chose to believe him. Did I have another choice? '' The thing that attacked me was a bear-sized but wolf-like beast, I have never seen anything so frightening in my life. After that I killed and ate a deer, I had no sense of what I was doing or who I was at that point, but the blood on me does not lie''. The doctor has a worried look now, and he examines my tongue and draws some blood from me. Should I be shocked to find that my blood is dark, almost black, in colour. The doctor gives me an injection and a pill, and leads me to a house. I was getting sleepy from the drugs he gave me, and as he was leading me to the house my vision started getting blurry. The house seems to look more like a cave, but I attribute the false vision to the drugs, and fall asleep.

I wake up. My limbs are tied. I'm hungry again. I can not move. It's irritating. My vision is red again. Hazy. Am I the monster again? Why? I see something. Yes, a creature. It is the doctor. I want to eat him. I want to drink his blood. Let me do it. I struggle. Nothing. The rope cuts into my skin. He approaches carefully. I growl at him. How come I can growl? He gives me some herbs. I spit them out. He tries again. I try to spit them out. My muzzle is shut with a leather belt. My saliva is dissolving the herbs. It hurts. My mouth and my body aches, I can not take it. I struggle. The ropes break. The doctor runs. Four men walk in. I want their flesh. I jump on one and rip its heart out. Sweet blood flowing around my mouth. The other one hits me on the head. I do not care. I rip his throat out and eat it. Delicious.

One of them stabs me in the back. Warmth. I feel warm for the first time in a long while. I get of the man I am eating. Another stab, and more warmth. I look up. I'm getting dizzy. I can not stand straight. Another stab. My chest is very warm. Are you hugging me mother? Someone is shouting something. ''We killed the werewolf!''. Who are they talking about? I can not hear properly any more. I fall to my knees. I try to get up. Impossible. What is going on? It was a trick. It is not warm. Cold. Very cold. I fall down shivering. Someone save me from the cold. Please someone save me from the cold. Mother...Father...anyone...help me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.