Hungry Hungry Kodos?

M

morxel

hey i got a new idea, if you have ever played the game Hungry Hungry hippos...(the real board game) you'd know what im talking bout.. anyway heres my idea...

The Idea!
There are 4 teams of 2, the aim of the game is to defend the bad food coming through (still to decide what food) and let the good food go to the kodos at the back.. you have to keep fattening your kodos up to the perfect size (green and fat) .. but beware the bad food makes your kodos (red and fat) which is bad and the more bad food you feed him the larger he will get until he explodes!.. i think its best to maybe add like a % bar if its possible to see how fat your kodos is or how bad.. if it gets to 0% then you lose and kodos goes boom :p .. if it reaches 100% you win :p...

How the game starts
thats not all! ...the food randomly starts off with bout 2-4 pieces... then the further the game progresses the more amount of food increases.. to a maximum of maybe 10+ :eek: ..

Teams
As i said before there will be 4 teams of 2, each player is important and this is what happens: there is an ATTACKER and also a DEFENDER

Attacker
The attacker's job is to either let the bad food to the defender to block away or let the attacker hit the bad food in the direction of another team... i must say the attackers job is more important than the defenders job 'at this time' and they are very simiular but i hope to change that.

Defender
The defender's job is to block out the bad food and bring in the good .. he has also a very important job which can turn a game around.

Extra Info
Also i will want it to be that the two players can only move horrizontal (more diagonal if you see what ive done so far which i plan to post later) and are unable to move forward or backwards.. Please post and suggest ideas :p id love to hear them all!

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
OMFG, i love that game some much ( hungry hungry hippos ) Wow dude, i really wanna see this go though :D

M

morxel

haha i hope so too :p... ive done a little work on it .. but i need help on how to make some food.. (thinking of using chickens) and how to make it so it rebounds off stuff (eg: walls etc)

M

morxel

alright heres the latest look at the map :p im quite happy with the look of it ... still gotta make the map now lol:

M

morxel

haha . im still doing that too.. i just like to work on more than 1 project at a time... stops me from getting bored :p

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
morxel said:
haha . im still doing that too.. i just like to work on more than 1 project at a time... stops me from getting bored :p

Same with me :p

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
Ingenious idea, I don't even know how you came up with this rofl. But I think you should make two modes, Extra and Classic. The classic is where each and every player gets a hippo and the things just randomly fly around the map and you have to devour them, the person with the most points wins. And the extra version, your idea with the defender and the food bar thing. Anyways, good idea, and good luck.

M

morxel

hmm i like your idea.. it will also be much easier to make .. i think i will try making your idea.. aswell mix mine in to.. ^.^ nicely done.. ill post it when im done

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This kinda sounds like a game called Kodo Tag though....

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Geoff.L said:
This kinda sounds like a game called Kodo Tag though....
what you talkin about? it's extremely different, except the name also has kodo in it.

And for bouncing, do a search for "bounciness" and you should find a related thread.

M

morxel

Ok... ive been working on the map now for a bit.. now i only need a Leaderboard, and im thinking for the simple version.. maybe your health decreases slowly.. and you have to try and keep eating before u die ;) .. so ive nearlly finished simple version.. then i gotta complete the complex version and slap em together. More suggestions would be great

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
Sounds like it'll be fun. Can't wait to play it... if you have any questions on how to do something just ask.

Oh, and I forgot to ask, are the kodos gonna move around or will they have a fixed position? And also, how are you making the balls...(lol)/food bounce around, are you using some sort of propelling trigger?

M

morxel

Complex Version
ah. im not gonna use balls any more :] how filthy that sounds.. but i heard people actually eat money balls.... :nuts: oh well no im not gonna use the balls im gonna get chickens and stuff and make it constant wander, with max speed and bounce off walls and stuff. (you are not the kodo in this one, you are a defender to destroy the bad food that is trying to get in.. rotton chicken etc)

Simple Version
i think the map is a little small but its quite good atm.. still been testing it a bit.. got some music in their, also the kodo will be able to move around in this ver, and the fast chickens will be difficult to devour but more fun.. and more challenging to try and survive while your hitpoints are decreasing every second..

Questions i need to know
1. How can i make it so the hitpoints slowly decrease over a period of time.

2. How do u get rid of background music (normal music) while the PH01 song still goes (i think thats what it's called)

3. Looking for testers for the simple version shortly :D i know im excited to.. but please put your name down with another of your post some time soon.

Thanks

EDIT: I gather you want to test it then cloak master ^^ ill add you on my test list.

Sargon

Reaction score
morxel said:
1. How can i make it so the hitpoints slowly decrease over a period of time.

Give the units a negative HP regeneration value.

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
2. How do u get rid of background music (normal music) while the PH01 song still goes (i think thats what it's called)

Apparantly, the problem is that you are making the music a sound and not music. If you make it music and run it, it round override the defualt music and play.

Lies! Who told you I wanted to test it? Kidding, lol. I'd love to test it, I'm bound to have a million suggestions too. Good luck!

M

morxel

GankMe and Morxel Moves Forward on Kodos!

Ok .. ive done some excellent work on Hungry, Hungry Kodos.. now i have started to work with 'GankMe' on the map.. and he has made some great improvements on the map.. now you have 'to be' the kodo.. so the veiw is in the mouth.. and you walk around trying to gobble up chickens... let me explain what happens now: you are 1 of 11 kodos that are trying to defeat eachother.. you are all trying to win to gain another point of rounds onto the score board. Me and GankMe are thinking of making it first to 5 .. or maybe first to infinity... *ps- thats not a number..i mean so it never ends* now let me explain the chickens ( you must consume the chickens to take the effect)

White Chickens:

Ah the amazing white chickens.. the white chickens in the map provide 100hp if you have been damaged.. and you must eat them to get 100hp and GROW larger... the larger you grow . the more damage you do.. but the more damage you do does not show on the statistics yet.. but we are working on it.

Red Chickens:

Now the deadly small red chickens... these red chickens are known for when you eat them to lose 100 hit points.. aswell as decrease in size aswell as damage.. these can be easily fooled to be eaten up by a kodo and you can be begin to shrink in size.

Green Chickens:

The most deadly of all chickens, the GREEN!! Chicken.. *dun dun DUN!!!*.. ok .. these nasty little things do more than 100 hit points of damage when you eat them.. they BLOW you up.. you gotta be careful for these little things.. because some times you can accidently gobble one up and KABOOM! .. your gone.. also i will show you next how it can be so easily to gobble up bad chickens instead of eating good chickens... how hard could it be ... :cool:

Purple Chickens:

Purple chickens.. ok ok.. these little things are pretty fun to test out, these tend to make you go dizzy and the screen to wobble.. up and down , side to side.. and any other way you can think of for about 30 seconds. These purple chickens are how you can gobble up green and red chickens so easily by getting them mixed up by the white chickens.. so think again if you wanna get high... on purple chickens :p

Last Info and Changes for the future!

Ok we are working at a good rate and have nearlly completed the map but we also thinking of new ideas.. we are thinking once a kodo dies you turn into a 'Kodo Hunter' a Kodo Spirit that is trying to kill the kodos.. the kodo spirits will not be able to kill the kodos .. or will the kodos be able to kill the hunters with melee damage.. the hunters will have to use skill, tactics, and brains to defeat the remaining kodos.. this will require the hunters to 'maybe' transform deadly green chickens into white chickens without kodos realising.. so when kodos are looking for a good feast on a chicken.. it will be their last. Also we are thinking of more things that the hunters will be able to do.. but its still early days.

Also we are going to add other skills to the Hungry Kodos, we are even thinking of a Fart Skill, which will leave a gas behind the Hungry Kodo which will 'maybe' slow the other kodos/hunters from catching up to that kodo .. and will give the kodo that farted that extra time to run away from its predetors.

Well i hope you like the new idea.. and special thanks to GankMe.. now this map is not made by me but made by: Morxel and GankMe for great work so far... once we have added in abbilities for Kodo's and added in the hunters we will be glad to post the map onto this thread.. we hope you love the map nearlly as much as we loved making it and playing it :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.