I can't publish my map!

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
For some reason when I try to publish my map it says 'Failed'.

It also says that the 'Helper Application' could not be launced.

screenshot20101101at101.png

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Make sure your map does not contain any words that could in some obscure way be offensive.

Offensive words are censored but there are also some less obvious words like "blow" and "blizzard" and "starcraft". If your map contains one of the censored words in some way which makes it viewable for the players(like tooltips and such) it will fail to publish.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Ah, I'll check again once more. Thanks Siretu!

Is "settlers, brutalize" a bad word? Those are only word I see that is out of place.

Maybe "Island Defense" is a bad word? Lol.

Siretu

Reaction score
Remove them and try publishing it. If it doesn't work, I don't know why it's failing to publish. Maybe post on the battle.net forums.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Well, I found out, that I can't eben publish ANY map, so I'll check the Cache with the problem.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I have tons of problem uploading my maps as well.
It's usually related to Game Variants. -Try fiddling around with those.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Well, I found out I can't publish ANY map, so I decided to reinstall. I'll post if it works.

Siretu

Reaction score
I had this problem today when I tried publishing. To fix this I went into map > Game variants and unchecked "Use default variants" in the bottom left corner.

I also went into map > Player properties and made everyone's color to (Any). I had to do this as well but I'd suggest you start with the game variants.

(Off-topic: 666 posts :))

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
I already did that before, and it has not worked, I let my friend use his SC2 Editor to check out what's wrong, well apparently something is wrong, I even reinstalled my Starcraft, as well as making a whole new map, and only THAT map with THAT terrain does not work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.