I can't seem to do certain simple things..

SFJake

Reaction score
These are probably newb questions but so be it, I understand little about the logic of this editor. I'm just trying to make a skirmish template where all abilities, upgrades, research and units from the campaign are available. I loaded the dependencies and all that, and I'm working from here.

But I can't seem to figure out some simple things, such as:

-The Ghost can use his cloak by default, I want it so he needs to research it, but I have no idea how. Changing the abilities' "requirements" doesn't work.

-I added a unit, the Science Vessel, to the Starport (actually it was there, I just moved it from under the Raven). But in game, its not there. Yet, I did the same thing with Ghost/Spectre, and I can build both in game. So why does the Science Vessel not show up?

Any help would be appreciated. Didn't think modifying/adding these simple things would be giving me a headache.

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
Either that, or you posted in the middle of the night for the european timezone. Sometimes you'll have to wait a day for you answer, maybe more. Don't expect one within 2 hours.

Ghost:
The Data Editor is something weird, which probably noone has mastered yet. Personally, I'd trigger it rather then use the data editor, as I can't use it yet either.
Few questions though:
  • Are you sure the ability you editted is assigned to the Ghost?
  • Is the requirement non-researched in-game?

Science Vessel:
Did you assign a button to it in the specific building menu?

Severon

Reaction score
-I added a unit, the Science Vessel, to the Starport (actually it was there, I just moved it from under the Raven). But in game, its not there. Yet, I did the same thing with Ghost/Spectre, and I can build both in game. So why does the Science Vessel not show up?

On the button in the starport, did you make sure it was set to:
Button: Ability
Ability : Train science Vessel

Thats no exactly right cause I don't have the editor with me at the moment(at work), but it something close to that. You just have to make sure you link the button you put down with the ability you need. Had this problem just last night as I was trying to train a zergling from a barracks. I couldn't get it to show up, then started :banghead: when I figured it out.

SFJake

Reaction score
Alright.

I kinda gave up on this and didn't answer, but I figured I would.

I tried all over again, erased the map started a new one. Now the Spectres doesn't even show up, yet all I did was move it from under the Ghost, like I did before. But it doesn't show up.

Everything seems set properly, it looks like this for the Spectres:

Command Type: Ability Command
Requirements: (None)
Ability: Barracks - Train
Ability Command: Train Spectres

Its pretty much the same with the Science Vessel.

Nothing is consistent, nothing makes sense.

Cheekything

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Firstly I believe the Ability itself needs an upgrade which says its the requirement.

Not the Ability you mentioned in the unit editor but the Ability in the Ability Editor.

I'm not 100% because I'll need to double check but the button requirements is just to give it a tootips saying "X requires Y" when the requirement isn't met.

With unit training.

You need to again edit the ability for Barracks Train.

Then add in spectre to the list there.

You also need to add the button but it requires both to work.

SFJake

Reaction score
Alright, the Spectres is showing up now.

But the Science Vessel is not, no matter how hard I try.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.