I finally, after all these years, might be getting a Nuon.

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Let me know when the article is posted - I'll use it for the homepage's annual update ;)

Keep an eye on your mailbox! Shipped your package out Saturday via Priority Mail.

Sweet - an update is coming :)

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Let me know when the article is posted - I'll use it for the homepage's annual update ;)

Keep an eye on your mailbox! Shipped your package out Saturday via Priority Mail.

Sweet - an update is coming :)

3DOMan

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yea man sorry for the delay, I'll try to get up to the post office this week some time, thanks for being patient.

Serblander

Reaction score
Congrats on getting a NUON skip :thup:

I see you are also in the land of Down Under, where abouts are you located mate?

Also curious to know where you got your stuff from? (my NUON's i got from US eBay, games from Amazon and some collectibles off an ex-Atari/NUON employee).

Btw, what NUON did you get? I'm assuming since you are downloading the demos its a US N501?

skip

Reaction score
Congrats on getting a NUON skip :thup:

I see you are also in the land of Down Under, where abouts are you located mate?

Radelaide :) And you? I think I remember you from the Atari Age forums. I still browse there quite frequently, but I don't think I've ever posted. I'm mainly interested in the Jaguar stuff (I have a rather large collection of Jag stuff) and I think (if it was you) you do too...does my failing memory serve me well? ;)

Also curious to know where you got your stuff from? (my NUON's i got from US eBay, games from Amazon and some collectibles off an ex-Atari/NUON employee).

From the yakyak forum (Minter/Llamasoft related stuff). Someone just happened to be selling one. I've missed out on countless ones over the years. I probably paid a bit much, but I've been after one since before they came out.

Btw, what NUON did you get? I'm assuming since you are downloading the demos its a US N501?

Yup. From someone in the UK. This puppy has done some travelling. :)

I'd one day like one of the European models with the Aries 3 processor and controller ports. Right after I end up collecting that load of rocking horse poop... ;)

Serblander

Reaction score
Radelaide :) And you? I think I remember you from the Atari Age forums. I still browse there quite frequently, but I don't think I've ever posted. I'm mainly interested in the Jaguar stuff (I have a rather large collection of Jag stuff) and I think (if it was you) you do too...does my failing memory serve me well? ;)
Sunny Melbourne! ;D

Haha, your memory serves you well. I frequent AA regularly but when it comes to Atari Jaguar my home is Jaguar Sector II =) The Jag is also my main collection piece and i still have a very large collection, though i had sold off some stuff a few years ago that i really regret now (all my extra Battlespheres, Catbox, ScatBox Deluxe, Atari Karts, Primal Rage CD, etc). Trying to get these items back to have a complete collection again. Slowly but surely...

From the yakyak forum (Minter/Llamasoft related stuff). Someone just happened to be selling one. I've missed out on countless ones over the years. I probably paid a bit much, but I've been after one since before they came out.
Hehe, funny thing is, soon after i posted my question i found your posts on YakYak regarding the sale and lol'ed to myself. Small (internet) world! lol Though i only knew as you have the same username across both Forums.

I'd one day like one of the European models with the Aries 3 processor and controller ports. Right after I end up collecting that load of rocking horse poop... ;)
Likewise. I have a loose Samsung N501 and boxed Toshiba SD-2300, but would like to get one of each of the other models for a little project i'm working on. In particular interest i'm after the Korean N591 but then again, aren't most NUON collectors?! (or is it just the crazy ones?? lol) Recently i've also started looking for the RCA models as well as the Motorola Streamaster 5000. What sucks the most is, the price of shipping to Oz usually outweighs the price of the actual units! :mad:

3DOMan

Reaction score
PM sent skip! Check your inbox :)

I don't actually consider the RCA units or the StreamMaster to be NUON systems since they don't have the ability to play the games, otherwise I would want them. Luckily I have a boxed Toshiba, Extiva, 501, and 594(Euro), and hopefully a 591(Korean) soon. The 501 is clearly the most versatile of all the units.

Serblander

Reaction score
I don't actually consider the RCA units or the StreamMaster to be NUON systems since they don't have the ability to play the games, otherwise I would want them.
The RCA's i consider 'NUON-y' type systems as they do have the ability to play NUON homebrew games + watch the NUON enhanced movies, but i do not consider them NUON games' systems - only DVD players. As for the Streamaster i would only get that if i find one locally (as these were released in Australia) at a cheap price, simply for a collections piece and to play a small part in a project i'm working on.

Luckily I have a boxed Toshiba, Extiva, 501, and 594(Euro), and hopefully a 591(Korean) soon. The 501 is clearly the most versatile of all the units.
Kudos on the boxed pieces, i know they'd be much harder to come by. :) As for the most versatile, wouldn't that be the N504? Has everything the N501 has (plus ability to play homebrew) but with the Aries 3 chip as well (or was the Aries 3 on the Samsung N505 only?). That is unless we are talking about DVD movies, which would then depend on which side of the pond you live in. :)

3DOMan

Reaction score
I just prefer the 501 because it's NTSC and don't have to mess with the annoying SCART output. I see RCA units being sold on craigslist occasionally, and not too long ago a member on here sold off a Streammaster unit. All in all the Streammaster unit seems pretty useless, only something you would want for your collection.

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
The RCA's i consider 'NUON-y' type systems as they do have the ability to play NUON homebrew games + watch the NUON enhanced movies, but i do not consider them NUON games' systems - only DVD players. As for the Streamaster i would only get that if i find one locally (as these were released in Australia) at a cheap price, simply for a collections piece and to play a small part in a project i'm working on.

Kudos on the boxed pieces, i know they'd be much harder to come by. :) As for the most versatile, wouldn't that be the N504? Has everything the N501 has (plus ability to play homebrew) but with the Aries 3 chip as well (or was the Aries 3 on the Samsung N505 only?). That is unless we are talking about DVD movies, which would then depend on which side of the pond you live in. :)

Can the RCAs really play the homebrew? I thought it was only the Samsung N50x models that could.

3DOMan

Reaction score
Supposedly it can run them but theres no controller port so you're stuck using the remote. Anybody who has tried playing NUON games with a remote knows what kind of nightmare it is.

Most of the homebrews are nothing to scream about. The Doom conversion only really runs well on the EURO system.

skip

Reaction score
Still wanted:

Merlin Racing
Freefall
Tetris (yeah right)
Bust A Move 4 (I can dream can't I, hehe)

Please let me know if you have these for sale, otherwise it's off to ebay / Amazon I go. Thanks :)

3DOMan

Reaction score
skip clear your inbox :)

I got a proposition for you...I think you will like it...

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Well I started off a N2000 owner, replaced in time with the 2300 (which was a bit more reliable for games like IS3). And back in the day I tried to get a N501 on store credit, but Best Buy refused my $300 purchase. :/

Here I am years later, and I find a N501 in a pawn shop for $20. Then I picked up another N501 for the remote. :D So I have at least one working N501, and the 2300.

Trying to get the demo discs burned currently. Really wish I had that games and demo disc that Helper made a while back. So far trying to burn discs on my Mac has produced coasters.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.