I found one!

viMaster

Reaction score
Well, I wasn't ever planning on getting a NUON enhanced DVD player, but i walked into one of our local pawn shops looking for a TV and there it was... a Samsung N501 for $40... so I nabbed it. Now that I have it, I figured I may as well get into the thing a bit with the homebrew and the community, so here I am.

The only thing about it is it didn't come with its box (i don't really care) and it didn't have a remote to go with it :-/ However, they gave me a universal, which is pseudo-working -- the buttons are just mixed up and it's obviously not specialized for the NUON. Anyway, all the features seem to work (the ones I can test with the universal remote.)

But here's my question to all you who have been NUON owners for a while (or anyone else who knows) -- do you know of any place that might have a replacement remote control for this unit? As far as I can tell, I can't get some of the features, like the zoom, multiangle thumbnail display or the multi-pic strobe display to work without the original remote.
Any help would be appreciated!

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
Other than contact Samsung directly I'd suggest picking up a learning remote and borrow someone's N501 remote to program it.

viMaster

Reaction score
http://www.samsungparts.com/part_de...s&product_id=AH59-00093D&search_model=DVDN501

There you go, though since you would be paying as much for the remote as you did for the whole system that might be a turn off :)

The # on the remote is 00093D, try searching for that on eBay and you might be able to turn one up cheaper.

Thanks for that. I really have no experience with these NUON enhanced DVD players, since I never really planned on getting one, but I couldn't pass it up when I saw it. I'll think about giving that a go from samsung or just EBay, as you said.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.