I have aproblem!

which is the best

• use only awesome heroes

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • use all heroes.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • use awesome and good, but replace good in future.

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

mapguy

Reaction score
ok, here is the deal.

I´m working in AOS and I´m trying to make ONLY awesome heroes, but only 25% of the heroes I create are awesome, the rest is only good or regular.

what should I do!?

continue to use only 25% of my heroes and release a beta version with at least 16 awesome heroes.

or use all my heroes, awesome, good and regular, and release a beta version with 64 heroes ?

orI should put the awesome heroes and some good heroes, and in future updates I replace the good one for awesome ones?

canons200

Reaction score
i think you have to release the beta and then do all the balancing stuff, so just do it

mapguy

Reaction score
I create periodic thread at this forum to show my heroes and ask people if they are awesome.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
how do you know 25% are awesome? maybe they all just suck...
if you dont like your heroes remove them, its your map, if you like them add them in where is the problem?

mapguy

Reaction score
I create periodic thread at this forum to show my heroes and ask people if they are awesome.

how do you know 25% are awesome? maybe they all just suck...
if you dont like your heroes remove them, its your map, if you like them add them in where is the problem?

I am not beeing my own judge, I ask people to Rate my heroes.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you cannot tell whether a hero is good or not, in the end its always up to the guy playing that map right at the moment and even if plenty of people like your heroes it doesnt have to be all.
its your map, put as many or as little inside as you wish, if you made those heroes and you like them use them as well.
(i suppose you didnt thought: "yeah today i will make an uber crappy hero nobody will ever use!")

wrseb

Reaction score
64's better than 14 :)

Although, it would be cool to know which ones is the awesome heroes. So uehh...

Release beta version with the awesome ones, and full game later? :D

mapguy

Reaction score
64's better than 14 :)

Although, it would be cool to know which ones is the awesome heroes. So uehh...

Release beta version with the awesome ones, and full game later? :D

mybe I realease beta version this friday.
but it will have at MAXIMUM only 10 heroes, which means... the last one to pick has no choice:D

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Why would you have the game unbalanced and have 3 classes of heroes anyways? Everyone would pick the "awesome" heroes.

Just make the game balanced.

And IMHO, that is a very very bad idea. I would hate games where I have no choice in my hero. That's part of the reason I (and probably many others) don't play AR games (in any game, not just DotA).

mapguy

Reaction score
Why would you have the game unbalanced and have 3 classes of heroes anyways? Everyone would pick the "awesome" heroes.

Just make the game balanced.

And IMHO, that is a very very bad idea. I would hate games where I have no choice in my hero. That's part of the reason I (and probably many others) don't play AR games (in any game, not just DotA).

FOR THE LAST TIME!

when I talk about awesome heroes I'm not talking about balance, I'm talking about coolness and fun.

and probably Ill put at least 10 awesome heroes and 5 good heroes on beta version, just to give the last player a choice of 6 different heroes instead of 1.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Balance isn't just "how powerful is this hero compared to another hero", but role and purpose. For instance, you might have one hero designed as a healer and another hero designed as a damage dealer. With balance you can improve teamwork and make it fun playing with other players. Without balance, you get a crappy Angel Arena-style map where no one really cares who picks what and it just comes down to buffering the most powerful hero.

Always take quality over quantity. Make sure there is synergy in each hero's abilities, that each hero has a weakness and a strength, that each hero fill out a different role and that every hero is viable to play. That is balance.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Balance isn't just "how powerful is this hero compared to another hero", but role and purpose. For instance, you might have one hero designed as a healer and another hero designed as a damage dealer. With balance you can improve teamwork and make it fun playing with other players. Without balance, you get a crappy Angel Arena-style map where no one really cares who picks what and it just comes down to buffering the most powerful hero.

Always take quality over quantity. Make sure there is synergy in each hero's abilities, that each hero has a weakness and a strength, that each hero fill out a different role and that every hero is viable to play. That is balance.

Ditto. very well said Bogrim.

Mapguy, you keep making the argument "I don't want balance, I just want Awesome!". Awesome is fine, but if you're map isn't balanced, it loses its awesomeness really fast. You can't look at each individual hero and say "ok this guy is awesome, so he is definitely going into the map. But this other hero is just ok, so I will release him in a later version."

Like Bogrim said, it is all about balancing the heroes into roles and strengths/weaknesses. Some heroes may be awesome at tanking, but really crappy at dps or heals. So when a player tries him out as a dps, and he does terrible, does that mean the hero sucks? No, it means he is not fulfilling the role he was intended to play.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i think what mapguy is talking about is how "flashy" the effects of their skills look.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe he hasnt gotten the needed inspiration to make flashy effects for all heroes in his map.

mapguy

Reaction score
ok, listen, pufff...

listen, PLEASE!

to balance the game I've to play it before, when I talk about awesome I'm just talking about awesome heroes.

better if I just give an examplee:

in dota, these are awesome:
- invoker.
- meepo.
- earth shaker.
these are the only awesome heroes.

these are just good:
- tauren chieftain
- kunkka

these are poor:
- skeleton king.
- drow ranger.

now you unerstand?

I'm not talking about if the hero is overpowered or not, I'm not talking about if the hero have good special effects.

I'm talkin about it:

HEY, THIS HERO IS AWESOME! I'll play with it again on RMK.
wow, this hero is awesome! I loved it.
OMG, this is soo awesome! how this guy came out with this idea?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.