I have aproblem!

which is the best

• use only awesome heroes

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • use all heroes.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • use awesome and good, but replace good in future.

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

shiFt

Reaction score
goodluck on making 'awesome' heros , seems your idea of 'awesome' is highly subjective

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
and what is your criteria to figure out which heroes are awesome and which not? is the word "awesome" branded on the forehead of your heroes? whether a hero is "awesome" the way you describe it is, as shift mentioned, highly subjective, i would say a hero is awesome if his skills/overall look got good effects and eyecandy as well as synergetic abilities and well balancing and thats pretty much what we were talking about in this thread.
(btw i dont play nor did i ever play dota, your post does not tell me anything about "AWSUM" heroes but i am willing to listen)

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
Is it really subjective? o.0

This is bad:
A dragon hero with the abilities: Writhing Flames, Impenetrable Scales, King of the Skies and Infinite Wisdom

This is good:
A wolf hero with the abilities: Bite, Leader of the Pack, Spine-Chilling Howl and Hunter in the Night

THIS IS AWESOME:
A sheep hero with the abilities: Eat Grass, Make Wool, Follow Flock and Provide Meat
Ahh.. Sarcasm.

Aniconic

I am the very model of a modern major general!
Reaction score
I don't really see the point in this topic. O-o

Whether a hero is "awesome" or not is up to an individual's own opinion. For example, an "awesome hero" to me is anything that is fair, balanced, and blends seamlessly with the game play of the map. It could be different for someone else.

My opinion:

Work on things that matter. Like fixing horrible trigger work, making terrain more bearable to look at, or just balancing overall.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Opinion topics are useless. You should be able to just ask a friend in a PM or something, it's not really anything important.

If you want to do it, do it, if you don't, don't. You shouldn't release anything that is not your best work.

mapguy

Reaction score
and what is your criteria to figure out which heroes are awesome and which not? is the word "awesome" branded on the forehead of your heroes? whether a hero is "awesome" the way you describe it is, as shift mentioned, highly subjective, i would say a hero is awesome if his skills/overall look got good effects and eyecandy as well as synergetic abilities and well balancing and thats pretty much what we were talking about in this thread.
(btw i dont play nor did i ever play dota, your post does not tell me anything about "AWSUM" heroes but i am willing to listen)

thats what im talking about.

Is it really subjective? o.0

This is bad:
A dragon hero with the abilities: Writhing Flames, Impenetrable Scales, King of the Skies and Infinite Wisdom

This is good:
A wolf hero with the abilities: Bite, Leader of the Pack, Spine-Chilling Howl and Hunter in the Night

THIS IS AWESOME:
A sheep hero with the abilities: Eat Grass, Make Wool, Follow Flock and Provide Meat
Ahh.. Sarcasm.

YOU ARE THE FUNNIEST GUY OF FORUM!:D

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I don't think this thread moved anywhere. We're still on corner of 5th street at the red light.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you can close your own threads by yourself when replying to them, there is an "additional option".

shiFt

Reaction score
that isnt awesome , it looks to pretentious, spamming random fx etc. Awesome is something simple, that works well seamlessly, Heros with charisma and not coolness.

Seprest

Reaction score
FOR THE LAST TIME!

when I talk about awesome heroes I'm not talking about balance, I'm talking about coolness and fun.

and probably Ill put at least 10 awesome heroes and 5 good heroes on beta version, just to give the last player a choice of 6 different heroes instead of 1.

"Fun" heroes arn't fun if they are inbalanced or their skills are OP, or otherwise better than other units' skills.

I really suggest putting as many models as you can in your map and do a month of play-testing on B-net, user feedback is what ultimately determines not just balance, but the 'coolness' factor.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Once again, everything about "awesome" is completely opinionated. This is a thread going nowhere.

mapguy

Reaction score
i think this thread is awesome...
well, I think you are
:DAWESOME!:D

"Fun" heroes arn't fun if they are inbalanced or their skills are OP, or otherwise better than other units' skills.

I really suggest putting as many models as you can in your map and do a month of play-testing on B-net, user feedback is what ultimately determines not just balance, but the 'coolness' factor.

MAN! please! listen! or I'll start to cry...

I am not talking about balance!

because I can just change the integers and reals to balance a spells, this is easy.

the awesomeness Im talking about are heroes that people like to play with because thei are fun!

it's hardeer to transform a stupid spell into an awesome spell.
but its very easy to increase or reduce the power of something!

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
I think this thread proves that people cannot comprehend your level of thinking mapguy (this is a compliment) if they dont get it the first time the wont ever get it. I would release the map with the awesome heroes only then as time goes on add more.

mapguy

Reaction score
I think this thread proves that people cannot comprehend your level of thinking mapguy (this is a compliment) if they dont get it the first time the wont ever get it. I would release the map with the awesome heroes only then as time goes on add more.

Ok, maybe the problem is that I am too complicated to be understood...
or maybe my english is a piece of shit...
or maybe people dont have patience to understand...
or...

anyways...

I'll just finish as many awesome heroes I can and add some more non-awesome to make the beta-release at this friday. or saturday...or monday...

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Gameplay is more important than how flashy a hero is. If the game isn't fun then people won't give a crap how "awesome" a hero is. And even if you think it's awesome, many other people may not.

Go ahead and make "awesome" heroes. Just don't expect that alone to make your map a sturdy boat.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, maybe the problem is that I am too complicated to be understood...
or maybe my english is a piece of shit...
or maybe people dont have patience to understand...
or...

anyways...

I'll just finish as many awesome heroes I can and add some more non-awesome to make the beta-release at this friday. or saturday...or monday...

your english may not be the best but neither is it the worst i have seen here since i am a member nor do we have limited patience proven by the fact that we are still posting replies frequently what i think the main problem here is we do not know what the hell you are talking about if you call a hero awesome.
you should just try to give us an example, show us one of your "AWSUM" and "not-so-awesome" heroes and compare them in matters of awesomeness.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.