I have the trigger set up, now I need it to do something else.

Zanderist

Reaction score
So I've been working on a small test map. Learning the triggers before I begin making them in my own map.

What happens is...
1. A unit uses a spell, then a variable is set to 1

2. Spell gets removed from the unit, camera applies to a certain region called 'marker region' a unit is created in it called 'marker'

3. the region moves along with 'marker' were ever the camera target moves

4. I select the unit, then another region called 'firing for effect' moves centering over the 'marker' region.

5. Using Unit Group- Select units in region then do action, A battery of cannon towers begin to target a random point in 'firing for effect'

6. Timer begins called reloading.

7. Spell is given back to the unit. Variable is reset to 0.

The Problem...

The trigger works flawlessly, but the cannon towers keep targeting the same spots till the timer is expired.

My solution was to use a lot of cannon towers, but that's ridiculous in the real world. So now I want to only use about 6 cannon towers apart from 12.

My question is...

1. How can I make that battery of cannons continue to attack ground...acquire a new point..attack ground...etc. without using a long trigger consisting of "Unit- Issue order attack ground at random point" wait .10 "Unit- Issue order attack ground at random point" Over and over again.

I was think of creating a another trigger that get's turned on that has.

Event- Every .10 seconds

Condition- Integer Arrty = 0

Action- Unit Group Select units in region then issue order attack ground in firing for affect region.

2. I'm also trying to reduce the number of triggers I need, but for that I need post my map up here. I'll save this question till later.

Zanderist

Reaction score
I've worked that out in my test map by making the villagers move randomly every 15 minutes.

But incase you need an answer yourself, I did a search and found this.

You want to use something like this:

Event: A unit enters the Line of Sight of a unit

Condition:
Entering unit is of unit-type (Hero 1)
Matching (?) unit is of unit-type (hero 2)

Actions:
Display to all players the message: (text)
or
create floating text over entering unit (text)
add a xxx second generic expiration timer to (last created floating text).

... Do I make any sense?

Now I'm trying to creat a timer that is convertered to Floating Text.

I can make the text, but I can't make it update every one second and convert it to minutes and seconds left.

Also what is "range" measured in? As if you turned on your grid how far out on the grid will a unit be capable of a ranged attack? I want to know this so I can actually measure it instead of guessing what range should it be.

Zanderist

Reaction score
2mo5b2c.jpg

I think this trigger does not work as I want it to.

Purple's units just stand around while others move towards the main gate.

I think my units are distracting them.

In my test map, I have all of purples units attack a Main Iron Gate.

If that gate dies that trigger turns off. And it switches to Find units own by player 2 and attack them.

Should I make a trigger that makes them ignore my attacks until the gate is destoryed?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.