I lost my love of Warcraft to Starcraft 2. It's aching me!

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
The moment I saw Protoss and Terran demo gameplay videos, I lost all interests in Warcraft. I really wanted Starcraft 2 so bad, that I feel like all games played on the computer is worse than anything I ever seen in my life.

I can take on Zero Punctuation's review of Starcraft 2, but I can't take on people who played games that's not much of a thrill at all...

*sigh*

Need someone to tell me where can I get a map that has multiplayer, survival game, and "Death comes from here" things.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
It can't be that bad. I lost my love for both Starcraft and Warcraft and those used to be my games. As a matter of fact I barely even play games now-a-days and if I do its usually my xbox 360. I don't know why but I lost interest for all most all games. This is aching me a lot because I have a lot of free time also lol.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
tom_mai708101 said:
The moment I saw Protoss and Terran demo gameplay videos, I lost all interests in Warcraft. I really wanted Starcraft 2 so bad, that I feel like all games played on the computer is worse than anything I ever seen in my life.

That happened to me too, about two months ago. Then I lost all hope and faith in Blizzard and Starcraft 2, and consigned myself to defeat that I might only see the beta by next year, and the actual game itself a year longer.

It keeps me up at night when I wonder what they do at Blizzard every day on Starcraft 2? How long can it take to balance a game spot-on? Even in one day, one person can do a hell of a lot of balancing.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
That happened to me too, about two months ago. Then I lost all hope and faith in Blizzard and Starcraft 2, and consigned myself to defeat that I might only see the beta by next year, and the actual game itself a year longer.

It keeps me up at night when I wonder what they do at Blizzard every day on Starcraft 2? How long can it take to balance a game spot-on? Even in one day, one person can do a hell of a lot of balancing.

You kno sometimes I think the same thing. Like seriously can it really take an extra 3 months or so to balance a units? I mean while your making it you should balance them. It also makes me wonder why developers take so long to release games even though they are already done and manufactured. But it makes perfect marketing sense. If you keep the crowd waiting they will jump for it and it will build hype. But if you keep a crowd waiting too long, the hype will die and it will be forgotten.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
It's more then just balancing, I believe. Plus with the quality that blizzard produces, I wouldn't be surprised if it took them a whole year just to balance the game

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
bear in mind that warcraft was made back in 2002-2003. Its only natural that we would enjoy more recent games. Think of the quality of games back in 2003 compared to 360 and PS3

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
bear in mind that warcraft was made back in 2002-2003
Yet look at the size of the Warcraft Map-making community! It's such a deep venture that it's a journey to learn, make, release and play. Of course, it's not nearly as large as the Starcraft community, which is staggeringly huge.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Yet look at the size of the Warcraft Map-making community! It's such a deep venture that it's a journey to learn, make, release and play. Of course, it's not nearly as large as the Starcraft community, which is staggeringly huge.
How huge is that compared to Warcraft community?

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
starcraft came first. Id have a bet that most of the wc3 people came from the classic starcraft. Warcraft is like Starcraft and Rise of nations got together and had a baby.

The editor is something a lot of people find appealing to WC3. It will go

Starcraft (Original) -> The original warcraft -> Some to WC3. Some to WoW. Some going back to Starcraft. Some going into Diablo and those people are waiting for Diablo 3. And the hardcore warcraft fans staying with wc3 and waiting for wc4 X_X.

Starcraft was the beginning. Plus when we went to warcraft. We had a bunch of stuff to branch off into. While starcraft (to my knowledge) was like the only decent game.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
bear in mind that warcraft was made back in 2002-2003. Its only natural that we would enjoy more recent games. Think of the quality of games back in 2003 compared to 360 and PS3

you mean graphics? That's pretty much the only change, minus maybe a few improvements to physics.

But you know, I still play old games on emulators all the time, and I still play Age of Empires 2 with my step dad and sister. I think you have just been playing WC3 too much, give it a break and come back to it later.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
WC3 is win :thup:

Thats why its such a huge part in this site
I admit, SC2 gameplay was impressive. And i might get it, i might not. Its just an opinion

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
It can't be that bad. I lost my love for both Starcraft and Warcraft and those used to be my games. As a matter of fact I barely even play games now-a-days and if I do its usually my xbox 360. I don't know why but I lost interest for all most all games. This is aching me a lot because I have a lot of free time also lol.

I'm the exact same way. Weirdly though, it was after my motorcycle wreck... No idea whats up with that. :nuts:

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
i think its called getting a life :)
happened to my friend. he doesnt play games a lot anymore, and he used to be a fanatic

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Guess life ain't easy. I vowed to become a game programmer/designer so I can live my life with games.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
or be MLG! HDNET did a special on the "Gamer Generation" (us) some MLG players get paid well. but the job only lasts until mid 20s. Programming is tough stuff though ^.^

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
What is MLG, and HDNET? Looking up Google gives me a lot of different results.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
What is MLG, and HDNET? Looking up Google gives me a lot of different results.

MLG is Major League Gaming

HDNET I'm guessing stands for High Definition Network. Probably one of those channels like gamplay HD that show you actualy games being played.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
I used to play Warcraft but after seeing recent pimpest plays in Youtube i finally decided i had enough of every jerk host along with developing a thirst for a Real mans game.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
if you dont like retard hosts, host your own game :thup: thats what i ended up doing. Since the hosters on wc3 kick you for a lot of random reasons.

I told him alienware was a gaming laptop, and i got kicked
I got kicked for no reason.
I got kicked because of those stupid bot hosts that reserve a spot
I got kicked because i was beating a guy in Uther Party
I almost got kicked from a Fortress Survival game because i was supporting the guy that was telling the host he was an idiot.
I got kicked because i had high ping.
I got kicked from a Swat game because it was a version i didnt have. But im a pro at Swat >.<

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
if you dont like retard hosts, host your own game :thup: thats what i ended up doing. Since the hosters on wc3 kick you for a lot of random reasons.

I told him alienware was a gaming laptop, and i got kicked
I got kicked for no reason.
I got kicked because of those stupid bot hosts that reserve a spot
I got kicked because i was beating a guy in Uther Party
I almost got kicked from a Fortress Survival game because i was supporting the guy that was telling the host he was an idiot.
I got kicked because i had high ping.
I got kicked from a Swat game because it was a version i didnt have. But im a pro at Swat >.<
I never say I can't host or anything that matters. What matters, is that I don't have the urge to play Warcraft 3.

Besides, I had even worse experiences with being kicked at...

I got kicked due to massive "NO U" wars.
I got kicked due to low pings. They say that low ping players always brag about stuff and they are through with it.
I got kicked out because a host was refreshing very fast.
I got kicked due to insufficient golds (Collapsed my gold mine before making my 1st expansion) in a melee 2vs2 practice game.
I almost got kicked when I actually blocked a player's way in a DotA match.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.