I need help finding a new computer

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am getting a new computer, and I need help finding one for the best price with the best specs. Since I don't know much about computer specs/prices, I am asking you. I have a few requirements:

• The price range must be 1100$ - 1500$, 800€ - 1100€ or 680£ - 910€.
  • It must be able to run StarCraft II on Ultra settings.
  • It must NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH APPLE EVER. No Mac anything business.
  • It must be a laptop.

An example of this could be this: http://www.purepconline.com/v/laptops/blissm.asp

Thanks guys!

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Laptop, or Desktop?

If Desktop: Is building one an option?

If Laptop: Does battery life matter?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
to run sc2 on ultra.. pretty much only the desktop replacements can do that, and they run short on battery.. so "as much as possible" would translate into about 2 hours

I would suggest this if you don't mind the matte screen

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Sorry guys, both of your suggestions are above the price of my example. The MSI one costs 9000 danish crowns, which is above the max by 1k crowns, and with the stuff I need, slapshot's also costs more.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Sorry guys, both of your suggestions are above the price of my example. The MSI one costs 9000 danish crowns, which is above the max by 1k crowns, and with the stuff I need, slapshot's also costs more.

what more stuff did you need? after adding windows it costs < 1300, you said 1500

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
what more stuff did you need? after adding windows it costs < 1300, you said 1500

On a second look, you are indeed right. However, three things -- can it be shipped to Denmark, what does it look like, and the site seems kinda... shady. Do you know anyone who purchased anything from it?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
On a second look, you are indeed right. However, three things -- can it be shipped to Denmark, what does it look like, and the site seems kinda... shady. Do you know anyone who purchased anything from it?

from their FAQ they seem to ship internationally, not sure about Denmark specifically, but I would assume so
Do you accept International Orders and how is the warranty handled?
Xotic PC gladly accepts International Orders. For any International Order (Outside of US/Canada/PR/GU) we require payment via Bank Wire, Check or Money Order. For any Warranty the customer is responsible for shipping both ways to our service center in the US.

Xotic PC provides International Shipping via UPS and USPS. UPS is our recommended option for International Customers. USPS provides slower transit times and if the package is lost or damaged the USPS claim process can take much more time then UPS.

as far as the site it's rated pretty highly on resellerratings (5/5 stars), and also gets an A+ from BBB, and also from google I wouldn't be too worried

the laptop itself is a sager np8130
8130.jpg

8130_2.jpg

8130_3.jpg

8130_4.jpg

8130_5.jpg

8130_6.jpg

8130_7.jpg

8130_8.jpg

p.s. - any reason why spoiler tags aren't working?

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
from their FAQ they seem to ship internationally, not sure about Denmark specifically, but I would assume so

as far as the site it's rated pretty highly on resellerratings (5/5 stars), and also gets an A+ from BBB, and also from google I wouldn't be too worried

the laptop itself is a sager np8130
8130.jpg

8130_2.jpg

8130_3.jpg

8130_4.jpg

8130_5.jpg

8130_6.jpg

8130_7.jpg

8130_8.jpg

p.s. - any reason why spoiler tags aren't working?

After thinking a bit, this seems like a good choice. I will ask some of my friends, as well, though -- it's a lot of money to spend, you know.
Are you sure this can run SC2 on Ultra+?

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
it should be able to run the campaign/meele on ultra with 20+ fps, beyond that it depends on the game

20 fps isn't quite enough for me, unfortunately. The example I showed can run 4v4 (which is quite hard) in High with 30+ fps. I need something along those lines.

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I'm looking at the TLX model right now; do you think it can run SC2 on ultra?

Most likely. It also has a pretty good battery life because it switches between Intel integrated graphics and GeForce GT 425M.

I have no idea if they ship outside the US though, all PCs they make are built by hand.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.