I need help on a frost ability :o

A

ArMeD_SuRvI

Hey, im new here. I want my hero (melee hero, not ranged) to have a passive ability in which he deals no extra damage, but reduces attack rate and movement speed of the enemy. I've done it with frost arrows but it wont work. How do I do it ? please help :(, it's driving me crazy.

EDIT: i forgot something. I also want my ranged hero to have a split shot in which he does 40%/55%/70% of total damage in ability levels 1/2/3 respectively. I also want to turn it on and off manually. It wont work neither. Could you explain me how to make this ability?

A

ArMeD_SuRvI

Nope... Frost attack didn't work at all. Im not sure about freezing breath, but i dont think it will work. Is there any other option?

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
yeah.....well if that's your problem, maybe that will be my problem soon! :(
hey! how about slow poison the passive poison that slows enemy, just change the buff to the frost nova buff.. maybe that? i don't know?

A

ArMeD_SuRvI

I did what your saying but with frost arrows (they already reduce mov. speed and attack rate) with its own buff, but wont work. Ive also tried with cripple and didnt work...

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Yeh, use Orb of Slow or something.

For the second one, use immolation as the base ability and add a modified version of Barrage to your unit.

A

ArMeD_SuRvI

How do I implement an item's ability to a hero's ability?

secondly, how to add a modified version of barrage to immolation ? is it like merging two abilities? if so, how do i do that?

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Should be two fields somewhere, Item Ability - untick that and Hero Ability - tick that.

You'd use a trigger like:
Unit is issued an order with no target
Issued Order = "immolation"
Add Barrage to Triggering Unit

Unit is issued an order with no target
Issued Order = "unimmolation"
Remove Barrage from Triggering Unit

A

ArMeD_SuRvI

But why use immolation ? i dont get it. Using immolation will trigger the split shot properly?

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Immolation merely has an "On/Off" casting system, so when you turn it on it gives you the option to turn it off :D . Most spells are just activated then hit a cooldown, while immolation does not.

M

mAc Chaos

What happens when the ability is activated but the unit runs out of mana though? No "off button" was pushed so it would still be on.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
you make it drain 0 mana and have a "buffer mana" of -1 so that it wont turn off due to low mana until it reaches -1 (but it never will) so it will only turn off when it is deactivated.. and base the spell off of orb of lightning (new) because orb of slow is tougher to work with

A

ArMeD_SuRvI

So all that u guys just said means that I have to make my ability with a trigger?

slapshot, how the heck do I base an ability off an item?? by triggers? and why base it off orb of lightning and not orb of frost ? :O

I dont get the trigger Jazradel just posted. Could any of you post it completely done? Because im a newb at world editor... please :)

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
In the object editor, find the ability editor, find the ability called Orb of Lightning (New). Copy/paste it, and change the field called Stats - Item Ability to false. It's now a unit ability. If you wan't to change it to a hero ability, find the field called Stats - Hero Ability and change it to true. The ability fires another ability, so let's find a ability that slows attack and movement speed. Slow would work perfectly, so find it and copy/paste it. Now change the field of your custom Orb of Lightning(New) called Data - Effect Ability to your custom slow ability.
*Edit*
Find barrage and Copy/Paste it. Now we'll need a dummy ability that we can turn on and off. Immolation works great for this, just nullify all the data fields, except the Data - Buffer mana required. Set this one to -1. Now follow Jazradels post, the first line is a event, the second is a condition and the third is a action.

A

ArMeD_SuRvI

Wow, it worked, thanks!! :D. Just three more things: it won't let me set Buffer mana required to -1. It only allows me to set it to 0 or to a higher value. Secondly, it seems that the damage of the multiple shot ability is the damage of the hero, it's not being divided :( How to fix that? and third, how to add levels for my multiple shot, now that it works?

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
1. Hold down shift and double click the field, or go into preferences and tag the "Allow negative values in the Object Editor"
2. Triggering. I would like to show you how, but I have to sleep.
3. Find the field called Stats - Levels.

A

ArMeD_SuRvI

Ok, many thanks. Points 1, 2 and 3 worked to perfection! I tried the second point so many times (about 10, lol), that I could make it work. Thank you all :)

jaspergeli

Reaction score
Is it ok for you to have this frost ability that is passive and does not use mana unlike frost arrows? You should check the ability of the orb of frost and use it as the ability itself.

The passive multiple shot is based on the barrage ability and can be activated/unactivated by defend ability which makes the clickable/active multiple shot. You should clear all data that modifies the hero except for the damage reduction you said above. This needs triggers btw. I would suggest 5 arrows with 65/75/85% damage output because it's too UP for the hero if he/she has damage 50% and below. That's why it's called multiple shot. When he/she shoots 2 or more targets but not exceeding 5, he/she gains more advantage. So even by that time he/she hits 2, he/she can deal 130/150/170% rather than 80% in the first place, but anyway, just a suggestion, haha.

Last edited:

sunshinex3

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
i would use slow poison(dryad) but if you want to turn it off and on and use mana you frost arrows should work.

for the dryads slowpoison ability you just have to change the art attachments and make them frost and it will look like frost arrow.

not sure how you would do the second maybe a morph spell, one unit has regular attack use morph spell to change it to same unit only difference is the split attack, when i say morph spell i mean bearform druid of the claw.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.