I need help with a dodge reaction trigger

Extes

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hello!
Ive been reading thehelper.net on and off for a few years now and dable with the world editor... I'm finally sitting down to hack away at a map Id like to make. One thing Ive become stumped on (this comes after a 14 hour spree of editing) I cannot figure out a way to make an effect after a dodge. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. The effect I'm hoping for is when the character dodges, they blink behind the enemy and strike them as a punishment. I can make it work as a cast ability, but I cannot make it work as a reaction from the evasion ability itself. I'm trying not to use abilities like blood lust or berserk for this because I already have spells triggered to these abilities. Again, I'm sleep deprived, so I'm very likely wasting someones time.
Also, I have no JASS experience, I'm entirely relying on the Map editor here. Thanks a ton in advance for any assistance!

merlinds

Reaction score
you can trigger the dodge and the counter strike. This way the event will be a unit is damaged (you will need a damage detection system), then you make a condition with a random number (for the dodge chance) and in the trigger you heal the hero for the amoun of the damage taken (this will make the dodge effect) then, you add all the actios you want, like the blink and bla bla bla.
Is not perfect but is the only way i can imagine.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.