I need help with a trigger

K

Kshrike

Everytime i use the create unit trigger i get 3 times the amount. How do I fix this?

V

victimchild

Show me the trigger, tell me what you're trying to create, and tell me when you want them created.

K

Kshrike

Force 1
Player 5 Suffers the death of exactly 1 Mature Chrysalis
Create 1 Jim Raynor at location 'Jimmy' for player 3

It ends up creating 3 Jim Raynors :banghead: What is wrong?

V

victimchild

Did you use a preserve trigger? I don't see how that would create 3 times the amount. Try switching the exactly condition to at least. Does player 5 have more than one Matures?

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Its probbaly because the trigger is owned by the entire force 1, and force 1 probbaly has 3 players in it, so the trigger fires for all the players. Change the owning slot of the trigger to only 1 player.

V

victimchild

Acctually it would be player 3 as the player he wants it to create for.

T

True Scorn

oh I had that exact same problem, though I can't really help you except to display my trigger. I didn't really go out on a limb to correct it, because a specific number wasn't needed.

Players
-All Players
Condition
-Current player brings at least 1 men to 'Tumbar Zone'.
Trigger
-Create 3 Broken Guardian at 'Tumbar Spawner' for player 7

I needed 5, but it gave me fifteen, so I said 3 to give me 9. There is more to this trigger, but it's text message, show portrait, and a destroy command that doesn't have to do with your problem. I'm not sure what causes this, except that it might be because of it's open ends, the program sits there with the trigger running a little too long and triggers it three times. You can work around this, by having it kill two jimmies the moemnt they're created,

or

you can try changing the open ends, the Player 5 Suffers the death of exactly 1 Mature Chrysalis

is there more than one Mature thing? if there isn't try "Player 5 controls at most 0 Chrysalis"

If not try, Player 5 suffers the death of at least 1 Chrysalis

Theories, but give em' a whirl

K

Kshrike

uberfoop is right. There were three players in force one, and when i said for it to be for only player 2 it worked. And by the way, the "killing two jimmies" doesnt work. I tried it, and apparently it killed 6 instead of 2 because they all died. But now it works :D Thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.