I want to make an AoS Map, I need your responses...

So, what do you think about this one...?

• Awesome

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Worst

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
This ideas just came to me in dreams...:D
The map will have:
  1. Symmetrical terrains for both (2) sides...
  2. It's Player vs AI, which the AI will always choose the same heroes as the Player choose for each line...
  3. No Player Colors will be implemented, everything will have Black (Neutral) Color, including Player Heroes, Player-based creeps and neutral creeps...
  4. I'll make sure that the Player won't see the difference between the allies and enemies...
  5. All spells (whether its healing, damaging, disabling, etc) are able to be casted on both allies and enemies...
If the responses are mostly "Worst", then I'll not continue this idea, but if happen otherwise I'll be happy to make this map...:D
Edit: I'll make this map no matter what people says, I'll see this through...

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Why would you make it so the player can't tell the difference?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
The original AoS was players vs AI.
But seriously, I doubt you could do a good enough AI in wc3 to make the game even remotely fun. An AoS is a very complicated game, an AI for such a game is a very complicated program.
And without the AI your game is basically worthless.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Do something simpler and just have some fun. Something doable. If I'm to guess, I presume you'd give up the map halfway (or quarterway). Not implying anything about your capability to produce a map, but simply your interest.

Reaction score
But seriously, I doubt you could do a good enough AI in wc3 to make the game even remotely fun. An AoS is a very complicated game, an AI for such a game is a very complicated program.
And without the AI your game is basically worthless.

Well, this is where I can use this site for... People are very helpful here, so I guess I will try some and asking for something here if I found some trouble, but only if more "Awesome" responses are have more vote than the "Worst"...

Do something simpler and just have some fun. Something doable. If I'm to guess, I presume you'd give up the map halfway (or quarterway). Not implying anything about your capability to produce a map, but simply your interest.

I'm really interested to make my own challenging, fun and confusing AoS map, so I'll try my best to finish it if people's responses are good for this map...

Edit: Thanks for your (Accname and Vypur85) concern, I really appreciate your attention, but have you vote about what you're thinking for my map...?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think you can really ask somebody for help on an AI. Thats a real lot of work and there isnt too many people around anymore since wc3 is pretty old.
Of course, you can try, but I really dont think there will be too much help from anybody in terms of programming an AI for your map.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Acc has some valid points. Consider them carefully.
Everyone has ideas. Great ones. Awesome ones. Best in the world.
But not everyone can persevere.
Then again, it's all good for you if you want to try. You have my best wishes.

But I've seen countless disappointments.
The most recent one: http://www.thehelper.net/threads/war-of-emperium-looking-for-spellmakers.160094/
Excuse: Laptop cannot support the game anymore? :rolleyes:

> ...have you vote ...
I'll go for 'awesome' (not exactly the choice of word I prefer) and see what happens from here. :)

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
So you have to play it carefully, and sharply notice which are your actual allies, and which are the enemies...:D
Also to makes you more aware when you're casting a spell...

So you have identical units, all matching color, in Warcraft III, and have the expectation that anyone is going to be anywhere near sober enough to keep track of any significant number of units that they do not have activated?

Reaction score
I dont think you can really ask somebody for help on an AI. Thats a real lot of work and there isnt too many people around anymore since wc3 is pretty old.
Of course, you can try, but I really dont think there will be too much help from anybody in terms of programming an AI for your map.
What about any other sites...? Is there another sites like this sites whose willing to help me...?

Acc has some valid points. Consider them carefully.
Everyone has ideas. Great ones. Awesome ones. Best in the world.
But not everyone can persevere.
Then again, it's all good for you if you want to try. You have my best wishes.

But I've seen countless disappointments.
The most recent one: http://www.thehelper.net/threads/war-of-emperium-looking-for-spellmakers.160094/
Excuse: Laptop cannot support the game anymore? :rolleyes:
I'm pretty sure that hardware will never be the problem, I'm using pc...:)

So you have identical units, all matching color, in Warcraft III, and have the expectation that anyone is going to be anywhere near sober enough to keep track of any significant number of units that they do not have activated?

Hope you're not too drunk when you'll playing this map...

Edit: I also hope that you're not too drunk when you vote...:p

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont vote on principle. At least not if the poll does not have the choice that I would pick.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Seriously, if you want to do something, just do it. Making such poll and waiting for 28 days is pretty much a waste of time. So what are you gonna do if the poll turns out bad 28 days later? Create another poll and wait again? You'll never get things done. Besides, after 28 days, your passion in your map would've been gone by then. So even if you get all awesome votes, I doubt there'll be any progress at all.

Also, if you're really gonna start a map, finish the gameplay and then focus on the heroes. Don't waste your time creating more than 10 heroes with hundreds of awesome skills and finally give up on the map. I see this a lot.

Just my 2 cents worth of useless advice. Take it or leave it. :)

Reaction score
Seriously, if you want to do something, just do it. Making such poll and waiting for 28 days is pretty much a waste of time.
I don't think so, because I'm so busy at work but in the next month I'll be free from work, besides I had write down everything thing that I want to applied in this map...
The map was not started yet, it doesn't matter what people say, I'll finish this map once I got my holidays...:)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
What you would say about this...? Pathetic...?
I would say its a decent idea. One could try it.
I would also say, that wc3 is, in my opinion, pretty much dead. You can do it because you like to do it, but dont expect much feedback or any help. There is too few people who are still interested in map making, and only a small fraction of them actually knows how its done.

If you just love to create maps, then do it. I still work with the editor every once in a while, just because of nostalgia.
But if you actually want to achieve anything with this, forget about it. Go a level higher, learn a programming language, and create a game of your own.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
I don't think so, because I'm so busy at work but in the next month I'll be free from work, besides I had write down everything thing that I want to applied in this map...
The map was not started yet, it doesn't matter what people say, I'll finish this map once I got my holidays...:)

Good luck then. :)
In fact, you can actually start now. Unless, of course, you're expecting the worst.
And you haven't really respond to the 'if you get lousy votes, do you wanna create another poll' thing.

Reaction score
Hi guys, it's been a while since my last activity in this thread... Now, every progress about my map that I want to make is in here, thanks for your attention, I really appreciate it...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.