Sci/Tech Ice cream causes positive alcohol test

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
An Australian man challenged to prove his claim that ice cream gave him a blood alcohol reading demonstrated his defense in court.

The man, whose name was not given, had asked Frankston Magistrates' Court to remove the breath testing alcohol interlock device from his car, the (Melbourne, Australia) Daily Sun reported Tuesday.

Prosecutors inquired why the machine had registered a "fail," which prevents the car from starting, despite the man's claims that he had not been drinking.

Read on.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Hmm. This reminds me of a Mythbusters episode when they tested ways to beat the breath test thing.

It also reminds me of the episode when they tested the myth that you can be tested positive for heroin after eating a poppy seed bagel.

Which consequently reminds me of an episode when they tested ways to cure the burn from capsaicin which is in hot sauce, chili peppers, and chile peppers.

Hottest is the Bhut/Naga Jolokia at over 1,000,000 SHU :O Pure Capsaicin is sitting at 16,000,000 :D

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
Breads can cause a BAC to register too. In fact there are alot of common items that will trigger a breathelizer to read much higher. Maybe they should switch to a blood drop system like Diabetics use. That would make the offense much more painful for sure.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
And accurate.

BTW, Effane, I haven't seen you around lately. Where ya been? (Could just be me :p)

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Hottest is the Bhut/Naga Jolokia at over 1,000,000 SHU :O Pure Capsaicin is sitting at 16,000,000
Isn't 16,000,000 > 1,000,000?:confused:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.