Icecrown Citadel 5-mans revealed!

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Blizzard have revealed a little information on the 5-man dungeons (all 3 of them :D) that will be incoming in the Icecrown Citadel patch - EU site link and US site link

MMO Champion - instance maps, raid preview screenshots, equipment models
MMO Champion - five-man preview screenshots
MMO Champion - dungeon denizens, some blue posts
MMO Champion - Quel'Delar quest chain (just the quest names)
MMO Champion - Icecrown Citadel: The Frozen Throne

If you are currently on the PTR, feel free to contribute your character's name and PTR realm (also, whether it's a PvE or PvP realm) on which he/she resides and the region you are playing in

I don't have a full list of realms/regions (since I don't know exactly what regions exist beyond EU and America, and I only know the EU PTR realms) so please post the realm names if you can - would be a great help, if anyone ever wants to group up on the PTR (now, and in future)

PTR users:
European PTR realms
  1. Brill-PvE
    • Vroguk, Orc Warlock (Flare)
  2. Fordring-PvE
  3. Naralex-PvP
  4. Remulos-PvE

American PTR realms
  1. Under construction

Icecrown Citadel: The Frozen Halls

Icecrown Citadel will feature a massive five-player dungeon sprawling across three wings of the citadel's foundation. While the Lich King's attention is focused on the Argent Crusade and the Knights of the Ebon Blade ripping through the front gates, players will be tested as they assist Jaina Proudmoore (Alliance) and Sylvanas Windrunner (Horde) in infiltrating the citadel through an alternate entrance.

An epic quest line will present adventurers with the task of weakening Icecrown Citadel's forces, requiring that players defeat the challenges in each dungeon wing before venturing into the next one. Normal and Heroic versions of the dungeon will be accessible to players, although each wing will be considered a separate instance; therefore, on Heroic difficulty, each wing will have its own separate lockout timer. All-new rewards -- including item level 219 (normal) and level 232 (Heroic) loot -- will be offered to those who destroy some of the Lich King's most formidable allies.

The Forge of Souls

Serving as the first wing in this expansive dungeon, the Forge of Souls will quickly put players to the test of carving through the Scourge stronghold into deeper, more treacherous locations. Jaina will command Alliance forces, and Sylvanas will direct Horde forces. The goal is to ruin the twisted engines known as soul grinders found in this portion of the citadel, and then players can advance -- that is, if the Horde and Alliance forces can overcome the foes who confront them.

Bosses
  • Bronjahm, the Godfather of Souls: An instrument of reckoning, Bronjahm watches over the engines in the Forge of Souls. He must be killed if the soul grinders are to be destroyed.
  • The Devourer of Souls: As the chief operator of the engines found in this wing, the Devourer stands guard over the souls stolen by the Lich King.

Pit of Saron

Accessible only to those who have laid waste to the Forge of Souls' unholy operations, the Pit of Saron will bring Horde and Alliance forces deeper into the Lich King's domain. Players who venture here will immediately be confronted by the lord of this lair, Scourgelord Tyrannus. But defeating him will not be as easy as it seems. Before they can present a threat to Tyrannus, the adventurers, instructed by their leaders, will need to free enslaved allies who have been trapped by the Scourge. Until that happens, Tyrannus will leave all adversaries to his minions, workers of the citadel's mines. Perhaps the challenges here will lend clues as to the whereabouts of the Lich King's private chambers outside of the Frozen Throne, deep within the Halls of Reflection.

Bosses
  • Forgemaster Garfrost: A master of Scourge weaponry, the forgemaster hauls stocks of saronite ore and other precious materials to the cold forges where the mechanisms of death are born. With a host of rime weapons and exotic alloys at his disposal, it could get cold in here.
  • Krick and Ick: Zombies serve as mindless muscle in the Pit of Saron's mines, stockpiling metals for Forgemaster Garfrost, and Krick -- a devious leper gnome -- supervises the operations from atop Ick, Krick's ghastly means of transportation.
  • Scourgelord Tyrannus: Tyrannus is a terrible force who will no doubt demonstrate his powers to those brave enough to enter the Pit of Saron. The scourgelord must die if players hope to make their way into the third and final wing of this dungeon.

Halls of Reflection
With Jaina and Sylvanas leading the way, adventurers who make it as far as these frigid halls will quickly recognize the weapon that lies ahead: Frostmourne, the corruptive, legendary device of the Lich King himself. The Lich King's private chambers are within reach, although they may be the death of anyone who ventures there.

Bosses
  • Falric and Marwyn: Captains for Arthas Menethil in life, Scourge commanders for the Lich King in death, Falric and Marwyn will be summoned to the Halls of Reflection for one purpose: destroying all intruders.
  • The Lich King: Sylvanas, thirsty for vengeance against the corrupted prince who sentenced her to an existence as an undead monstrosity, and Jaina, eager to find a flicker of Arthas's soul locked somewhere within the Lich King, have brought their hand-picked allies to this final confrontation. Arthas's true power may only now be discovered. Is there any hope in this mission, or does only death await?

Sounds great to me - what're your thoughts?

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
It's looking amazing. I love how it's broken up into wings and the whole idea of beating one to get to the next. Can't wait to run it.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Free loot...?
Just about everything is free loot nowadays, unless you have a mental capacity of an <insert organism with low mental capacity here> and have no idea what 'don't stand in the fire' means :D

Hopefully it'll be a real challenge - would be a shame to see these 5-mans being stupidly easy :(

I cannot wait to see what new gear models Blizz will implement, if they do.

I'm annoyed by the fact that they plan to implement Arthas in the 5-man portion. He's far too powerful and villainous to make him capable of being taken on by 5 people and Jaina/Sylvanas (especially since he's already owned Sylvanas :p)

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I'm annoyed by the fact that they plan to implement Arthas in the 5-man portion. He's far too powerful and villainous to make him capable of being taken on by 5 people and Jaina/Sylvanas (especially since he's already owned Sylvanas :p)

I don't think it will be the real Lich King. I think it might be some vision, illusion, or possibly "merely a set back". :p

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I hope they have more lich king fan boy helms for my DK.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Ditto. :S

You kill Anub in Trial of the Crusader.

Prometheus

Reaction score
I'm running it today I believe. We full cleared 10 man last week.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
After having done the first one on PTR, I'd say that the gear level is right for the difficulty level. The last boss hits like a mofo, and there are some parts where CC is actually useful (groups of 5 casters spaced too far apart for a thunderclap/shockwave to grab em all). By the way, I did this with a full group of people in 25 ToGC gear (the premade character gear) and it was still relatively difficult.

And this was the FIRST of THREE wings, the last one being the most difficult one. Just because it's a 5-man doesn't mean it's free loot.

Oh, and, I forgot to mention. Even without music and voice acting, it's still pretty damn epic and far better than just about any other 5-man in WotLK. Plus, when they implement the Quel'Delar questline along with it it will only be better. ALSO: In pit of saron, pay attention to the giant skull in the middle of the quarry....

Also, if you want to challenge yourself, try do the achievements for the 5-mans as you go through them (they aren't on the PTR yet though).

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
After having done the first one on PTR, I'd say that the gear level is right for the difficulty level. The last boss hits like a mofo, and there are some parts where CC is actually useful (groups of 5 casters spaced too far apart for a thunderclap/shockwave to grab em all). By the way, I did this with a full group of people in 25 ToGC gear (the premade character gear) and it was still relatively difficult.

And this was the FIRST of THREE wings, the last one being the most difficult one. Just because it's a 5-man doesn't mean it's free loot.

Oh, and, I forgot to mention. Even without music and voice acting, it's still pretty damn epic and far better than just about any other 5-man in WotLK. Plus, when they implement the Quel'Delar questline along with it it will only be better. ALSO: In pit of saron, pay attention to the giant skull in the middle of the quarry....

Also, if you want to challenge yourself, try do the achievements for the 5-mans as you go through them (they aren't on the PTR yet though).

Ah, good to know - thanks for the update :D I don't think I've had a good challenge in a five-man since I first did The Oculus xD

Also, I've added links to MMO Champion for the previews of all the screenshots, equipment models (and such) to the original post.

Prometheus

Reaction score
Apparently I'm overgeared for TOC10, by some. :(

Raids need to reset like heroics.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Right, I've added a list of PTR realm users to the main post (if anyone wants to jump on the PTR with someone familiar :p) so, if you have any interest in joining up with any other users, reply to this thread with the following:
  • Character name
  • Race (or Faction)
  • Region
  • Realm (and if it's PvE or PvP)

Also, if anyone wouldn't mind providing a list of the American PTR realm names and, if possible, any other regions I may have left out

Apparently I'm overgeared for TOC10, by some. :(

Raids need to reset like heroics.
Not sure what that has to do with Icecrown Citadel, but OK :3

Prometheus

Reaction score
If ToC25 geared is hard, it's gonna be a bitch for a ToC10 geared toon.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Quel'delar lore ftw.

I tried Pit of Saron on the ptr, pretty awesome (I also love my premades dps :p I'm only a casual so my gear kind of sucks on live)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Quel'delar lore ftw.

I tried Pit of Saron on the ptr, pretty awesome (I also love my premades dps :p I'm only a casual so my gear kind of sucks on live)
Well, you may not have been able to do Pit of Saron if you transferred your existing character :p

I'm unsure if it's been fixed (since I haven't had a chance to log onto the PTR in a few days) but there seems to be an issue with phasing where you can't see any of the instance portals. I'm not sure of what Icecrown phasing quests are the cause (I'm guessing it's the start of the Mathias Lehner chain though :().

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Well, you may not have been able to do Pit of Saron if you transferred your existing character :p

I'm unsure if it's been fixed (since I haven't had a chance to log onto the PTR in a few days) but there seems to be an issue with phasing where you can't see any of the instance portals. I'm not sure of what Icecrown phasing quests are the cause (I'm guessing it's the start of the Mathias Lehner chain though :().

The problem is when you transfer a live character who has delved heavily in the argent tournament quests, apparently.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.