Icon multiboard for each hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

djb4cc1o94

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
How can i set the icon in the multiboard of the hero picked?There might be 10 different heroes, will i need to usa arrays? Please give me a trigger explain , i have an hero array btw and i dont know to use arrays unless i see them :|

TheLegend

Reaction score
here is what i used
Trigger:
  • Selection Unit Selected Copy
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Human Units --------
        • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Unit-type of camera_main_unit[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to (==) Swordsman
          • Then - Actions
            • Quest - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the New Unit Acquired message: |cff3b98d3Swordsman...
            • Multiboard - Set the icon for Multiboard[1] item in column 1, row Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNTheCaptain.blp
          • Else - Actions
            • Do nothing
        • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Unit-type of camera_main_unit[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to (==) Rifleman
          • Then - Actions
            • Quest - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the New Unit Acquired message: |cff3b98d3Rifleman|...
            • Multiboard - Set the icon for Multiboard[1] item in column 1, row Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNRifleman.blp
          • Else - Actions
            • Do nothing
          • If - Conditions
            • (Unit-type of camera_main_unit[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to (==) Mage
          • Then - Actions
            • Quest - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the New Unit Acquired message: |cff3b98d3Mage|r : ...
            • Multiboard - Set the icon for Multiboard[1] item in column 1, row Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNMedivh.blp
          • Else - Actions
            • Do nothing
      • -------- Orc Units --------
          • If - Conditions
            • (Unit-type of camera_main_unit[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to (==) Grunt
          • Then - Actions
            • Quest - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the New Unit Acquired message: |cff3b98d3Grunt|r :...
            • Multiboard - Set the icon for Multiboard[1] item in column 1, row Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to MagHarRampager.blp
          • Else - Actions
            • Do nothing
          • If - Conditions
            • (Unit-type of camera_main_unit[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to (==) Headhunter
          • Then - Actions
            • Quest - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the New Unit Acquired message: |cff3b98d3Headhunte...
            • Multiboard - Set the icon for Multiboard[1] item in column 1, row Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNHeadhunter.blp
          • Else - Actions
            • Do nothing
          • If - Conditions
            • (Unit-type of camera_main_unit[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to (==) Shaman
          • Then - Actions
            • Quest - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the New Unit Acquired message: |cff3b98d3Shaman|r ...
            • Multiboard - Set the icon for Multiboard[1] item in column 1, row Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNShaman.blp
          • Else - Actions
            • Do nothing
      • -------- Night Elf Units --------
          • If - Conditions
            • (Unit-type of camera_main_unit[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to (==) Druid of the Claw
          • Then - Actions
            • Quest - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the New Unit Acquired message: |cff3b98d3Druid of ...
            • Multiboard - Set the icon for Multiboard[1] item in column 1, row Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNDruidOfTheClaw.blp
          • Else - Actions
            • Do nothing
          • If - Conditions
            • (Unit-type of camera_main_unit[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to (==) Archer
          • Then - Actions
            • Quest - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the New Unit Acquired message: |cff3b98d3Archer|r ...
            • Multiboard - Set the icon for Multiboard[1] item in column 1, row Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNArcher.blp
          • Else - Actions
            • Do nothing
          • If - Conditions
            • (Unit-type of camera_main_unit[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to (==) Druid of the Talon
          • Then - Actions
            • Quest - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the New Unit Acquired message: |cff3b98d3Druid of ...
            • Multiboard - Set the icon for Multiboard[1] item in column 1, row Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNDruidOfTheTalon.blp
          • Else - Actions
            • Do nothing
      • -------- Undead Units --------
          • If - Conditions
            • (Unit-type of camera_main_unit[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to (==) Undead Warrior
          • Then - Actions
            • Quest - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the New Unit Acquired message: |cff3b98d3Undead Wa...
            • Multiboard - Set the icon for Multiboard[1] item in column 1, row Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNSkeletalOrc.blp
          • Else - Actions
            • Do nothing
          • If - Conditions
            • (Unit-type of camera_main_unit[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to (==) Undead Archer
          • Then - Actions
            • Quest - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the New Unit Acquired message: |cff3b98d3Undead Ar...
            • Multiboard - Set the icon for Multiboard[1] item in column 1, row Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNBansheeRanger.blp
          • Else - Actions
            • Do nothing
          • If - Conditions
            • (Unit-type of camera_main_unit[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to (==) Undead Mage
          • Then - Actions
            • Quest - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the New Unit Acquired message: |cff3b98d3Undead Ma...
            • Multiboard - Set the icon for Multiboard[1] item in column 1, row Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNLichVersion2.blp
          • Else - Actions
            • Do nothing

ultimate11

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row multi_row[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))] to Hero_icon[(Integer A)]

this is how i use.;oop actions are better in this situation
about the upper code Hero_icon is a string variable.
have fun

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
@The Legend

hey man you should take those Do Nothing actions out of ur triggers, they actually do something, it causes extra lag and takes up space, if you have nothing there it will truly do nothing but the do nothing action calls the do nothing script lol

TheLegend

Reaction score
i know but this trigger was made over 6 moths ago while i was new to GUI, i started using jass but my old maps are still here, i just copied the trigger

djb4cc1o94

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
i know but this trigger was made over 6 moths ago while i was new to GUI, i started using jass but my old maps are still here, i just copied the trigger

Always the same excuse lol...

@The Legend

hey man you should take those Do Nothing actions out of ur triggers, they actually do something, it causes extra lag and takes up space, if you have nothing there it will truly do nothing but the do nothing action calls the do nothing script lol

So you just posted here for say that? It seems to be spam or off-topic, thank you that is really useful...?

GFreak45

Reaction score
djb i know you think TH is yours, but anyone is alowed to post here who isnt banned, and it may have been slightly off topic but it was still intended to help someone regardless of whether or not it was all about you...

and whether or not its his "same excuse" he was trying to help you, do not flame or you will find that people stop helping you all together

TheLegend

Reaction score
off-topic:
Always the same excuse lol...
@ djb: look at my old project The Battle For Middle-Earth it was made quite long ago, this is a trigger from that map. If you're on the the forum for over a month that doesn't mean youre allowed to "correct" other members. You will get all your questions answered just behave nicely
@ GFreak45: thanx for the support

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
Actually I should not be posting here since it might get me a warning or something, but I take my chances even though I might be accused of such things as "micromodding", and the likes.

You, djb4cc1o94 (what kind of name is that?) is what I would define as an idiot. You think yourself the owner of this forum and demand answers to any problem. You are not the owner of this forum. The fact that you are allowed to post here is a privilege, as is getting an answer to anything. I would -rep you but it seems I can not.

I will now stop replying to your threads, and I do really encourage people to do the same. Thank you.

djb4cc1o94

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Ok guys when did i say i was the owner of this forum? Guys u serious?

Now stop spamming things about me that aint got to be true at all and stop blaming me because im just trying to get some help.

djb4cc1o94 what kind of name? Are you kidding me kiddo?Hope so, coz that might be a truely excuse else than a retarded guy such as you are.

Now please f**k off and dont reply to me anymore just as you said.

GFreak45

Reaction score
I did not flame anyone on here stop being a victim and try to help people instead.

the only reason i even post on the wc3 forum now is to help people, i stopped mapping for wc3 and i moved on to sc2
and you obviously dont know what flaming means

PS. As the op (Original Poster) you can close this thread, i recommend that you do so

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was going to delete all the pointless replies in this thread, but that seems to be just about all of them besides one. So I'll close this thread.
djb4cc1o94, if you still have this issue, make a new thread.

Some of you need to man up a bit. A light joke isn't a reason to get offended and start flaming people. If you have nothing productive to say, don't reply. Of course, helpful, on-topic replies are encouraged.
(Besides, I fail to see the logic behind trying to tell another member what to do, and then saying he thinks he owns the forum).

Hopefully this won't happen again. If you have any questions, PM me.
That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.