Icons - Editing with a Wc3 Feel

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I use GIMP. Mainly just to change the colour of icons, perhaps remove the border. But this tutorial was good, should be able to do a lot more now.

Oh, and that's actually a pretty good icon, considering it was made from scratch.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
What should that icon resemble? :confused:

Btw, if it helps, here's a pack with icon borders (BTN 64x64, BTN 192x192, DISBTN 64x64 and PASBTN 64x64). They also include black backgrounds. I made it myself to make the icon faster. I think there is a similar pack on wc3sear.ch, but I never bothered to search. Maybe you want to include this in your tut, it may help some people...

Sweet PSD format :) Thanks

+ repz

Pandamanana

Reaction score
how do u import the icon back into Wc3 after you edit it... i have it in .blp now what? I'm having Path problems... .HElP! please Help!

D

Destroyer42

Nice Tutorial :D. I never even knew how to make PASBTN and DISBTNs before.

D

DemonOfNight

btw, it was a really good tut but theres only one thing you forgot to mention: how to unselect the curent selection... this is my problem... and how to make the little spikes you added after the fill thing!!! i dont understand how to do them... answer plz!!!

D

DemonOfNight

actualy... im trying to modify...

im trying to make a different shiled with thunder shield base icon!!! i fill the electricity with black thing... i make colored things arround the shield... in my selection filled... BUT i need to change the shield 2 so i need to unselect the layer :filled background and to make a new layer with a new selection that only select the shield... and nothing else... thats why i need to know how to unselect selection... thanks for the futur answers

LordOglog

Reaction score
The pic in section 6 WOW that is cluttered i suggest (if you have time) maybe re-doing that pic withless bold lines and maybee use the circle tool rather than paintbrush? Other than that looks good!

S

spartan666

I Get green boxes when i pace my character?

Like i made a custom unit on a old marine and when i upload everything he ocmes out looking like a box do you nkow why this is?
:(

H

HainZ

could u explain how to use them in warcraft import manager? getting confused, cuz my icon doesn´t work :S

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.