I'd like to introduce myself to the new TH Generation!

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Hello, all. My name is Seth Edgar Cross. I have been a member of this forum for damn near 7 years, come February. I started out a member, became a Moderator and I've been an Administrator in the past.

I've recently been brought back as an Administrator in charge of advising security issues with the server and site, as that is what my job consists of in the USAF as well. It's a job I'm looking forward to providing, but there's something else I wish to provide the members at a more personal level.

In the past, this site has had an issue with getting changes made. This is through no fault of the Staff, but rather that members suggest things and cannot be the advocate for these changes when the Mods and Admins discuss the pros and cons of such a thing. In the end, the process is lengthy, if successful at all. It's bothered me for years.

I'm going to put a change to that. Allow me to introduce myself as the Member's Advocate. If you guys have ideas and can seriously convince me that it's a positive, secure change, I will be your voice in the Staff discussion and keep you as up-to-date with the issue as I am allowed, with the possibility of sensitive information being involved in the talks.

Keep in mind; Your changes have to be more of a benefit than a risk and you really have to know what you're talking about. If not, then I'm not going to stick my neck out for you. Maybe this will help TH.net keep up with what the member's want. Time will tell.

Thank you for your time and thank you for your interest in TH.net!

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
This was brought up before staff members yesterday. Seth told me present this before the community, and so I'll represent it here. What is needed is not writers but people with "material." What I mean by material is just general information: When? Where? What? How? Why? These questions answered in this sequence can write most or even all of articles.

But this proposal can be changed and discussed, and by posting this, I'm inviting you to discuss the prospects of doing such a project. Do you approve of this idea? Post so.

You know, if TH.net ever wants to start up an e-magazine, we have the resources. I'm going to school for writing, and I could just use notes from whatever staff member and make thoughts into articles. I just need time and material. We could publish a magazine monthly and use it to advertise other projects and possibly raise money for the site instead of that annoying donation link.

Here some general ideas:

1. WEH Creative Development Page
2. Star Craft 2 Developments
3. Map Advertisements/Reviews
4. Community Spotlight

Eh, really, these are just ideas. If you think it's worth doing, I'll make a formal proposal, but a lot of my proposals are thrown out the window. I'm only an artist.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.