Idea for a map?

Juno**

Reaction score
Guys, I'm bored with my current projects.. well more like project. could you guys give me a story for a map based on warchasers or something similar? I really want to work on another project while I think of ideas for the other.. an RPG story would be good too but not a long one..

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Warchasers is the Scenario within WC3 right? That's a dungeon crawler map.
If you want to make such a map you only kinda need a cheesy story like:

"A band of heroes venture forth into the belly of Lord Karstanius Lair. Rumors has it that in the very bottom of the twisted maze of horrors lies an artifact known as "The Crown of the Eternal". The mythological item is supposed to give the wearer eternal life."

Make the layout, heroes, spells, enemies, bosses or not and voila! You have your dungeon crawler map.

This is a simplified example, but it works.

Juno**

Reaction score
Warchasers is the Scenario within WC3 right? That's a dungeon crawler map.

Oh, so that's what it is called? cooll.. alright.. thanks for the info.. do you mind if I use your story and modify it a little bit?.. I'm just not that good at making stories and stuff.. XD

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Make a simple map. Elaborate from there. Being too ambitious will get you nowhere. You'll get bored of the map and no motivation to move on. Moreover, WC3 is outdated. If you were here few years back, you'd see that this forum was more alive than ever. Now... even the mods have grown up and move on with life.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Solu9

Reaction score
Oh, so that's what it is called? cooll.. alright.. thanks for the info.. do you mind if I use your story and modify it a little bit?.. I'm just not that good at making stories and stuff.. XD

No no go ahead use whatever you want :)

I kinda agree with vypur85. Warcraft 3 IS outdated and in my opinion SC2 editor does simply not offer the same amount of customization as the WC3 editor. Nor does it "allow" the same amount of creativity theme wise (no heroes, no creeps and so on). So that's why I personally still use and have fun with WC3.

Juno**

Reaction score
Being too ambitious will get you nowhere. You'll get bored of the map and no motivation to move on.

that happens to me too many times... but yeah I just decided to create a dungeon crawler map for now.. I'll stop on my AoS map for a while coz I'm getting tired of making almost all things MUI

EDIT:
but I am still looking for ideas so that I can have as much variety to my map...

I agree with wc3 being outdated.. in my area people often refer to wc3 as DOTA, maybe that and a few other maps are still keeping wc3 alive.. but there are also wc3 modding sites that are pretty active though, like hive..

dracolich

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
learn jass better, it would make EVERYTHING easier and u wont screw 1000 times

Juno**

Reaction score
I'm trying but... I kinda hurts my brain... I guess I'm better off with someone actually teaching me instead of me learning by myself. XD but I am reading some tutorials and intros on Jass.. maybe if I finish just one project then I would focus on learning JASS

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
A faster method would be to try integrating a few functions into your GUI triggers, learning the JASS equivalent of each action, then start writing in pure JASS syntax.

afisakov

Reaction score
A faster method would be to try integrating a few functions into your GUI triggers, learning the JASS equivalent of each action, then start writing in pure JASS syntax.
The funny part is I never learned jass well enough to make a full map, but started learning it by editing existing maps (map protection only let me in with mpq editor). Admitaddly it started as the equivalent of hacking, but as time went on I started learning to make relatively legit content contributions to my versions of maps, write full triggers, (like make all archer spells stronger when actually using a bow), fix glitches, remove leaks.
What I'm trying to say is learning it in one shot is hard to motivate yourself, but doing it bit by bit, incorporating into working systems to improve them makes it easier and more fun.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
Before reading tutorials make a few gui triggers and convert them into jass then just look them over, this will give you a feel for jass so you don't go into the tutorials blind.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.