Idea for a Story

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Main Character: Lilith (female) (17)

Catch: She is just a normal girl, with a strange power; she can control the actions of spiders. She can make them weave a web, go away, run, and bite. When controlling the spider she can watch through its eyes and becomes the spider.

Appearance: Gothic, she has pale skin, long raven hair with strong black make up. He clothes are dark colours.

Personality: Selfish. She does what she wants and doesn’t think of how it would affect others aside from a select few people. She sees her power as a gift to be used and exploited.

Year: 2012 Modern Age, no ‘magic’ or swordsmen, no kings, its just like your everyday life.

<>==+==<>==+==<>==+==<>==+==<>​

Why Sydney? Simple. I did my research.

Sydney is just the place I want for this story to take place. It is located in Eastern Australia. So is the Funnel web Spider. Who, happens to be dangerous. S well as that, you can find the Red Back perhaps the most dangerous spider in Australia and is a member of the widow family. – I did my research. I chose the most ideal place for the most dangerous spiders. Why? Well, controlling spiders is no fun if there is nothing dangerous to play with.

Types of Spiders to be found in Sydney:

Sydney Funnel-web Spider – Can be fatal to humans. There is an anti-venom for them.

Redback Spider – Common in urban areas. Males cannot bite, to small. Highly toxic. Anti-venom is widely available.

Mouse Spider – Bite can be as toxic as the funnel-web spider though not common. In bad cases funnel-web anti-venom can be used.

Huntsman Spider – Upwards of 15 cm across. Non deadly. Can cause swelling.

St. Andrews Cross spider / Garden orb Weaving Spider / Golden Orb Weaver Spider – bites include mild pain, with a possibility of numbness, swelling, nausea and dizziness.

Black house Spider
– bites would be painful and may cause local swelling, vomiting, sweating and nausea.

Garden Wolf Spider – not known to be dangerous.

Daddy Long Legs Spider – cannot pierce human skin – non dangerous.

Brown Trap Door spider – Bites may be painful and cause some local swelling.

White Tailed Spider – Bites are mostly mild with some pain followed by a itchy lump on the spot. Less commonly it causes swelling and skin discolouration and even less likely leading to ulceration.

There are a few more, but they are mainly ‘unknown’ effect of a bite – which means that it is most likely harmless; else it would have been studied.

I have had this idea for a while and have been reading up on spiders recenty for this idea. I think it would be cool, what do you all think?

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Nice, I've always liked spiders. Good idea for a story; I hope you play around with it in writing form.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
At an elitist site I used to go to, I heard a lot of comments that said, "I don't care how unique the idea is, just write."

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Well, I care not if one thinks that. What I care about are questions.

Questions give me things to answer. Answers will send me towards the right path. Answers stop coflicting story points.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Why Sydney? Simple. I did my research.

Sydney is just the place I want for this story to take place. It is located in Eastern Australia. So is the Funnel web Spider. Who, happens to be dangerous. S well as that, you can find the Red Back perhaps the most dangerous spider in Australia and is a member of the widow family. – I did my research. I chose the most ideal place for the most dangerous spiders. Why? Well, controlling spiders is no fun if there is nothing dangerous to play with.

Oh my god, I live here.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Question: Pineapple, Didn't you tell me you have Arachnophobia :rolleyes:

This will be interesting, hope to see it soon :thup:

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Question: Pineapple, Didn't you tell me you have Arachnophobia :rolleyes:

This will be interesting, hope to see it soon :thup:

Yes, I do. Thats why I choose this! :) What better way to create a dark earie, suspensefull setting then one that scares even you? If you are scared of heights or clowns, then you make it seem worse then it is. Thats my goal with this - maknig spiders even scarier.

you want questions? well i have one for you...

what kind of story will it be?

everyday life? gothic/horror? she discovers other people who control other animals and gets to join in a tournament :p?

I do not want to do anything too cliche or just, well, anime style lame.

So, havnig tournaments with other people who have similar powers is out of the question. That seems to be a little to anime lame for my taste.

What kind of story? well then, Yes it will be a Gothic/horror style book. In fact, it wont be very supernatural as one would assume. The only supernatural part is that she can control spiders. Thats all, everything else is realistic.

In fact, to fully understand one must look at the definition of a protagonist.

–noun
1. the leading character, hero, or heroine of a drama or other literary work.

Does it say they are always the 'good guy'? Nope. The main character in this might happen to be more like an 'evil guy'. ;)

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Who are her enemies? What powers do they have? Are their interests as evil as hers or are they more humanitarian?

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Who are her enemies? What powers do they have? Are their interests as evil as hers or are they more humanitarian?

Those are some interesting Questions.

Who?

Depends. How does one such as her make enemies? Shes a highschool student. She does what she wants with spiders. how does one connect the fact that she controls them?

Naturally, there will be enemies. But, are they enemies of the spider controlling her? Or the normal everyday her? Well, perhaps both. ;)

What do they got?

Nothing. She is the only person who has powers no one else does. If someone trys to stop her they can olny do what you and I could do. Scary, eh? Fighting supernatural people with nothing supernatural yourself?

Evil? good?

Oh, both. Perhaps they are evil, perhaps they are good.

Perhaps there is no such thing as either. From any perspective what you believe will be good.

Anyway, I got the prologue done. Will post.

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
I note that you've already started the story, but maybe I can give you some input on the original idea anyway.

I have to tell you, my first reaction to this was: "Oh gee, a Goth girl with magical powers over creepy things. There's a surprise." In a post-White-Wolf, post-The Craft world, that's kind of...conventional. (Heck, it was probably an established cliche post-Ben and post-Carrie.)

Now, I'm not saying you have to break that convention. But you are obliged to develop it. Was "Lily" always an outcast? Has she only adopted the Goth persona recently, because she thinks it fits her new identity as Spider Queen better? If she's been a Goth for a while, did that influence the development of her powers later on? That is, would her theme have been "sunshine and rainbows" if she'd been part of the cheerleading team?

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I note that you've already started the story, but maybe I can give you some input on the original idea anyway.

I have to tell you, my first reaction to this was: "Oh gee, a Goth girl with magical powers over creepy things. There's a surprise." In a post-White-Wolf, post-The Craft world, that's kind of...conventional. (Heck, it was probably an established cliche post-Ben and post-Carrie.)

Now, I'm not saying you have to break that convention. But you are obliged to develop it. Was "Lily" always an outcast? Has she only adopted the Goth persona recently, because she thinks it fits her new identity as Spider Queen better? If she's been a Goth for a while, did that influence the development of her powers later on? That is, would her theme have been "sunshine and rainbows" if she'd been part of the cheerleading team?

It's a rip off of Sailor Moon, we get it.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score

Well, if you know her name is 'Lily' its safe to assume you read chapter 1 and the prologue. She sure isn't a goth yet. Things develop over time.

Is she an outcast? no, was she? no.

Why is she goth? Part of the story that needs to yet be developed. Though, its safe to make an assumption as to why from the prologue.

It's a rip off of Sailor Moon, we get it.

Never seen it, never plan on seeing it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.