Ideas for a Soul Pack (Concept)

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Okay, so basically, in my map, the witch doctor is teamed against a lot of players (Up to 10) The witch doctor has souls that he can use, for various spells, the problem? I don't know what spells, he can have up to 30 souls at once, and the spells can be CRAZY. I have an idea for one, or two, maybe, one of them, he takes a soul and uses it to gain an attribute in each one, just simple but useful. He can have a lot of spells, since he's a witch doctor, so go crazy. Thanks, Neuro

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
Sorry if it has no name, I'm not good with names. :)
I'll just edit if I have more.

Send some souls to a targeted location, slowing them by X% and making them more vulnerable to the Witch Doctor by Y%, based on the number of souls used. Uses up to 15% of the total number of souls stored.

Uses 1 soul, to deal X damage to a targeted enemy unit and marking them for 3 seconds. Casting the spell again will send another soul to the last marked unit, dealing Y% more damage and refreshes the duration of the mark, but uses 1 more soul. If the target receives 3 marks, he will be slowed, if he receives 5 marks, he will be stunned. If the target is killed, the Witch Doctor will receive 2 souls instead of 1.

Uses all his souls, to deal ( X * number of souls stored ) pure damage to 1 target. If the target is killed, 50% of the souls used will be refunded.

Activate this ability, to increase movement speed by X and let the Witch Doctor take Y% less damage. Uses 1 soul per Z seconds. X and Y values are based on the current number of souls.

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Souls Erruption: (Toggle)
Sends X souls every seconds, depending on ability level, to random enemy units. It works like ray gun, ie it hits everything in its path. 10% chance on returning back 1-2 souls after killing the unit. 800 AoE.

Bite fight: (Target, Summon)
Uses up to 30 souls to spawn 3-5 Demon wolfs at the targeted area. They have splash, critical, lifesteal, and an ability that stores inside of them souls of any unit they killed, when they die they make exploding damage to 400 AoE with a damage formula depending on their kills. Abilities levels depending on souls spent.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Shadow Strike
Strikes a target unit with up to Z souls, each causing X damage. If the target dies from this damage, a flurry of souls will fly from it at all nearby enemies, dealing X damage divided by the number of enemies. If these nearby enemies die, the same effect is repeated until the amount of damage received is less than the number of nearby enemies. Units that die from Soul Rip damage will return 2 souls instead of 1.
(I presume that's what happens? If not, you can ignore the last part)

Soul Rip
Tears at a target unit's life force, dealing heavy damage and restoring the same amount to the Witch Doctor. If the target does not die, it becomes immobile but invulnerable until it regenerates the damage dealt to it.

Soul Release
The Witch Doctor releases all his souls to wreak havoc. The souls swarm around him, damaging enemies and healing allies every X seconds. After Y seconds, the souls disperse, slowing enemies and speeding up allies around them.

Necroblast
Causes all souls around the Witch Doctor to explode, each dealing X damage. Every unit that dies from an explosion's damage will also explode and deal 75%of the damage it has taken from the explosions, and the effect goes on until there are no more units to explode.

Basically I thought this would be a good spellpack for saving the Witch Doctor when he gets surrounded, and he can also use these skills to do insane nuking.

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
[ Spell #1 ]
Passive

Whenever the Witch Doctor has more than 19 Souls stored, he will gain additional % of regeneration to both mana and health for each Soul (How i imagined this to work: When the witch doctor gets 20 souls,he gains an increase of life regen and mana regen, than if he starts getting more souls 20+ he will gain additional % of life regen and mana regen for each other gained soul .)

[ Spell #2 ]

At the cost of 5 Souls,the witch doctor can cast this spell to deal massive damage in front of him(like a Shockwave), the spell leaves a trail in its path, so for a short period of time,all units that pass,or are already in it,will be kept stunned for 5 Seconds.

PS. sorry i couldnt find any appropriate names :( ,hope u like the ideas tho :thup:

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Dark Pulse Channeling
Every 2 seconds, the Witch Doctor's souls fly outward, dealing X damage to enemies that they pass through, then return to circling around him. When a unit is hit, it takes Y extra damage for each time it was hit previously within the duration of the cast. Lasts Z seconds.

Haunting Presence
The Witch Doctor sends X of his souls to surround a target enemy unit, immobilising and dealing Y damage every second to it. After Z seconds, each of these souls targets an enemy within A range of the targeted unit, dealing Y/X damage to it but not immobilising it. The souls that failed to find targets will return to the Witch Doctor and deal B damage each to him. After another Z seconds, the souls that managed to find other targets will return to the Witch Doctor and heal him for C hit points each.

Dark Ritual Channeling
The Witch Doctor augments his souls with X points of his own life force, then sends them toward a target enemy unit. While the souls are travelling, both the Witch Doctor and the target are immobilised. If he dies before the souls reach their target, he is instantly reborn at the location of the target unit with X hit points for each augmented soul, and all the souls are lost. If he stops channeling before the souls reach their target, they will fly back to him, restoring X hit points for each soul and dealing the same amount to nearby enemies.

Vengeance Channeling
The Witch Doctor summons the power of his souls, increasing his damage by X and armor by Y for Z seconds at the cost of A hit points per soul. He can stop channeling at any time to end this process.

This pack seems to leave the Witch Doctor more vulnerable and easy to kill, but at the same time makes him a mass killer. The constant health drain when he casts a spell might be quite detrimental, though.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
I like these a lot, +Rep to you all, @Dinowc I'll use your spellpack for a hero if you don't mind, I love the idea, but it doesn't use the souls like I need, like I made an entire soul gathering system.

For you guys, Anyone have a good idea for a soul model? I have now, the destroyer attack, the little black thing that has particles when moved, because I couldn't think of a better model for a soul, any ideas?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.