If i find music online that's free, is it illegal?

Discussion in 'Entertainment Lounge' started by Insane!, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Insane!

Insane! Shh I didn't edit this, go away.

Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -0
    I found this site with free music and, im afriad to download some of it. if i do down load the music (commercial) is it illegal?

2. New_U.S.

New_U.S. ITS OVER 9000!

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    illegal? depends if you should. youre not going to get in trouble because you made a few downloads, its more of just is the source safe. think of this from the virus point of view instead of the legal point of view. if you really dont want to download illegally then use playlist sites and just listen to songs online. Imeem.com works great for this (it plays the entire song). You can listin to just about any song you want, you just cant illegally download them from the site.

3. The Helper

The Helper Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 2 / -1
    If it is too good to be true it probably is. If the site is allowing free downloads of music that you have to pay for in online stores or at the record stores then you can be sure its probably illegal.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zakyath

Zakyath Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 0 / -0
    if it's linked by the record company or the artist, you can download it (I believe)

5. Insane!

Insane! Shh I didn't edit this, go away.

Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -0
    thanks, it looks like a low profile site anyway.

6. kaamil20

kaamil20 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If You have find the music online and download it then it is not illegal because you tube has a largest collection of movies and songs which we listen and download free. That is not illegal.

7. Varine

Varine And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war

Ratings:
    +833 / 11 / -1
    This is the most inaccurate statement I have read in like a week.

8. Slapshot136

Slapshot136 Divide et impera

Ratings:
    +483 / 2 / -0
    link
    actually it just so happens that it is

9. Varine

Varine And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war

Ratings:
    +833 / 11 / -1
    The quote didn't say if you find it on YouTube. It said if you find it online it's okay because YouTube does it.