If you have Tower Ideas with nice spells, get in there!

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
Ok, I need a lil of your help, it wont take much time and i know, with experience, that this kind of thread is very popular, aswell as game ideas, hero ideas, spell ideas and such.

I simply need ideas of towers for a TD, arround 12-15 ideas would do. Ima give credits and reputation to helpers, why wouldnt i? Even if not a idea i'll take, i'll give you rep but please, give original ones, unless then,. i will really not give rep.

Simple things to respect:
1-Please, i dont want tower ideas with spell allready existing, i want trigger-able ones (do not include trigger, i'll make it myself on how i understand your idea).
2-Follow the chart so i can understand correctly
3-No need to put dmg ammount, range ans stuff, i'll fix that ingame for balance.
4-If you can't find the model for it or anything, i dont care!

Chart:
Code:
- Name:
- Model:
- Ability used for the skill:
- Information about the skill:
- Effect:

For the buff, any you want, just need one to fit, same as model, if you can't find, just tell me

Thanks for future ideas.
Also, if i allready did your idea, i'll tell you and please, do not redirect me to ''spell section'' in tutorials, i allready got a few from there!

Ideas by now:

1- FireBladesX:
- Name: Scorpion Tower
- Model: Barbed Arachnathid
- Ability used for the skill: Windwalk
- Information about the skill: Every 12 seconds, sends out a wave of shadow strikes to all units in a radius. The closer the unit is, the stronger the shadow strike is.
- Buff: Shadow strike

2- Fatmankev [best right now]:
Name: Arcane Arrow Tower
Model: Guard Tower, I dunno, your call.
Ability: Deals damage = [Mana] + 4. On each attack, raise mana by 4. When mana is full, unleashes an attack that deals [Mana] + 44 damage to the enemy, and sets mana back to 0. Max Mana of 40.
Buff: N/A, but make a special effect when it deals the extra damage and mana gets back to 0.

3- Jonadiran:
- Name: Manaburst Spire
- Model: Advanced Death Tower
- Ability: Chain Mana Burn (a triggered mana burn so that it would strike multiple units in a chain, like Chain Lightning.), Manaburst attack (each attack would burn some of the target's mana and convert half of that burned mana to the tower's mana supply)
- Effect: Mana Burn, Flare?

4- Jonadrian:
- Name: Gravity Obelisk
- Model: Icecrown Obelisk
- Ability: Zero Gravity (makes all units around the Obelisk rise up in the air, and after maybe 8 seconds they drop, stunning and damaging them), Raise Gravity (the opposite of Zero Gravity, this increases the gravity of nearby enemy units, making them feel heavier, thus slowing their attack and movement speed greatly, and after 8 seconds the gravity returns to normal, and they will feel a sudden shock (dizziness effect like from Earthquake or thunder clap?)), Shock Strike (well, every attack the Gravity Obelisk does will knock back the opponent).
- Effect: Thunder Clap? Purge?

5- WolfieNoTC:
Name: Phoenix Tower
Model: Phoenix
Ability used for the skill: Flame Strike, [OPTIONAL:] summon another phoenix
Information about the skill: Every XX seconds, the Phoenix releases a Flame Strike which deals X damage and burns the enemy for X damage per second over X seconds. Units killed by the Phoenix have a X% chance to have their souls turned into a Phoenix Egg, which hatches X seconds later under the player's control, and lasts for X seconds.

THOUGHTS: The flame strike could be auto-cast or an active ability. The % to hatch a Phoenix, IMO, should be low to prevent too many summons. Or, have a high % with a low duration.

6- Nexor [Not gonna use but gave me an idea of a ''close-to-but-not-this'' spell.]:
- Name: Lightning Tower
- Model: Energy Tower
- Ability used for the skill: Orb - Chain Lightning
- Information about the skill: Each attack has x% chance to cast chain lightning, bounces up to y times to enemies.
- Buff:Chain Lightning

7- Dinowc [Will be edited +_ many thanks for the interesting model.]
Name: Glacial sphere (tower)
Model: no idea... do you include imports? cuz something like this would fit it: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/r...e=2#poststop
(if you get that "sponsored ads" thing, skip it)

Description: This tower has heavy slow aura, it cannot attack but it has freezing blast.

Freezing blast - Every x seconds the tower charges freezing energies in its sphere. After he charged enough, it releases freezing breaths around him dealing massive damage and freezing creeps that get hit for x seconds.

Effect: Breath of frost? Freezing aura?

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
- Name: Scorpion Tower
- Model: Barbed Arachnathid
- Ability used for the skill: Windwalk (base ability?)
- Information about the skill: Every 12 seconds, sends out a wave of shadow strikes to all units in a radius. The closer the unit is, the stronger the shadow strike is.
- Buff: Shadow strike...?

- Name: Beast Tower
- Model: Druid of the Claw
- Ability used for skill: Channel
- Information about the skill: Boosts allied damage around the Beast tower by X for 10 seconds. 40 second cooldown.
-Buff: Roar?

I don't really get the buff section.

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
Well, yeah you get it lol! It's only the effect on unit attacked or on tower.

Also, Thanks for the idea, they're both awesome. I'll use the scorpion one.
+rep for you mate!

Nexor

Reaction score
- Name: Berserker Tower
- Model: Any model of some frightening humanoid with a heavy weapon
- Ability used for the skill: Incinerate
- Information about the skill: Increases damage by every attack, there will be no exploding effect and expolde damage
- Buff:Incinerate

I neither got this buff thingie

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
I dont know why using incinerate instead of another damage boosting aura.. It would do the same thing and kind of copy rot golem in element td!

Think about re-working idea?

EDIT: Changed Buff to Effect, for an higher understanding of attempts!

Nexor

Reaction score
Okay another idea:

Ability: Gives a chance to damage in AoE
Model: Catapult or some mechanical model
Effect: Some big effect at the landing of the projectile

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
I'm bad with names, so you'll probably want to change it :p , anyways:
Name: Tidal Tower
Model: Murloc [Tiderunner/Huntsman/Nightcrawler]
Ability used for the skill: [Blue colored] Dragon's Breath [like Queen of Pain's old ult from DotA]
Information about the skill: Every X attacks, the Murloc releases a tidal wave damaging all units in its path for X damage.
Buff: Dragon's Breath?
I can think of more if you want them ;)
If you even like this one :nuts:

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
Yeah this is a pretty good idea. I'll add it to my map +rep

Okay another idea:

Ability: Gives a chance to damage in AoE
Model: Catapult or some mechanical model
Effect: Some big effect at the landing of the projectile

This is not extremly original, thanks for the idea but i need more ''complicated'' ideas

Any other?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Yeah this is a pretty good idea. I'll add it to my map +rep
Mine :confused: , if so, here's another.

Name: Ice Troll
Model: Ice Troll [Troll/Priest]
Ability used for the skill: Orb of Frost attack, Frost Nova
Information about the skill: Has a slowing attack, while every X attacks the tower releases a X% slowing and X damaging Frost Nova.
Buff: N/A

[EDIT]
Loads more of ideas if you want.
I can think of:
Every X attack
Actual skill casting [like FireBladesX's Beast Tower]
Aura
et cetera.

I can write a bunch into one post if you wanted?
[/EDIT]
[EDITEDIT: Can also make up skills that are not already in WCIII if you want? Just let me know :D ]

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
Yeah, just give me the whole idea and i'll work on it with triggers, write what it does/takes in ability information. Thanks for this idea either but i allready have it!

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Code:
Name: Arcane Arrow Tower
Model: Guard Tower, I dunno, your call.
Ability: Deals damage = [Mana] + 4. On each attack, raise mana by 4. When mana is full, unleashes an attack that deals [Mana] + 44 damage to the enemy, and sets mana back to 0. Max Mana of 40.
Buff: N/A, but make a special effect when it deals the extra damage and mana gets back to 0.

I've got a couple more fairly original ideas if you're interested, just holla' back.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
I'm not too good at tower ideas but these should be fine I hope..

- Name: Manaburst Spire
- Model: Advanced Death Tower
- Ability: Chain Mana Burn (a triggered mana burn so that it would strike multiple units in a chain, like Chain Lightning.), Manaburst attack (each attack would burn some of the target's mana and convert half of that burned mana to the tower's mana supply)
- Effect: Mana Burn, Flare?

- Name: Glaive Thrower
- Model: Glaive Thrower
- Ability: Piercethrough (kinda like Shockwave but this time it both damages and stuns the units in a line), Shrapnel Glaive (attacks have AoE damage and will injure the affected units, the injury deals minor damage to the targets every second)
- Effect: N/A

- Name: Gravity Obelisk
- Model: Icecrown Obelisk
- Ability: Zero Gravity (makes all units around the Obelisk rise up in the air, and after maybe 8 seconds they drop, stunning and damaging them:eek:), Raise Gravity (the opposite of Zero Gravity, this increases the gravity of nearby enemy units, making them feel heavier, thus slowing their attack and movement speed greatly, and after 8 seconds the gravity returns to normal, and they will feel a sudden shock (dizziness effect like from Earthquake or thunder clap?)), Shock Strike (well, every attack the Gravity Obelisk does will knock back the opponent).
- Effect: Thunder Clap? Purge?

Don't know about the buff section either..:nuts:

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Name: Sniper Tower
Model: Scout Tower
Ability: Headshot - Stuns for .05 seconds
Effect - Guess a sniper lock-on symbol above the head.
Spec. Notes - Has a semi-long range.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Name Ember
Model Firelord
ability- lightning sheild
effect - casts a firey sheild that hurts the attacked unit and burns nearby enemies
buff- i dont think buffs matter so i'd say immolation

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Well, here's a little list of a few. A couple are based off things I've always wanted to see in DotA, but never have been implemented, so don't be mad if they sound DotA like :p .
PS: Again, I'm horrid with names, so, you'll probably want to change them.

Name: Chicken Tower
Model: Chicken
Ability used for the skill: Egg[ing]
Information about the skill: [Active]: Can throw an egg at opponents, causing them to be stuck in place for X seconds, and slowing them by X% for X seconds.
[Passive]: Every X attacks, the Chicken lays an egg, which . . .

THOUGHTS: The skill can be passive or active. Pretty basic, it's like an AoE slowing tower.

Name: Beast Tamer
Model: Beastmaster
Ability used for the skill: Animal Training [horrible name :p ]
Information about the skill: With each attack, the Beast Tamer has an X% chance to convert a creep to his side [could be for X seconds, if wanted/needed]

THOUGHTS: I don't know if you can have converted creeps in a TD, so that's where the for X seconds could come in. Also, the creeps would have to have damage for this tower to be useful.

Name: Flame Dragon
Model: Red Dragon [any of the three]
Ability used for the skill: Incinerate / Dragon Breath
Information about the skill: When used, the dragons next attack releases a fiery breath. If this breath kills a unit, another fiery flame will release, damaging units in a XXX AoE for X damage and dealing X damage per second for the next X seconds.

THOUGHTS: Personally, I think this effect would be damn sexy visually.

Name: Phoenix Tower
Model: Phoenix
Ability used for the skill: Flame Strike, [OPTIONAL:] summon another phoenix
Information about the skill: Every XX seconds, the Phoenix releases a Flame Strike which deals X damage and burns the enemy for X damage per second over X seconds. Units killed by the Phoenix have a X% chance to have their souls turned into a Phoenix Egg, which hatches X seconds later under the player's control, and lasts for X seconds.

THOUGHTS: The flame strike could be auto-cast or an active ability. The % to hatch a Phoenix, IMO, should be low to prevent too many summons. Or, have a high % with a low duration.

That's it for now.
I'm uber tired and can't think lol.
Tell me if you like them or if they're bad :p .
Rather someone tell me my ideas are bad then say 'uh yeah, cool' and beat around the bush :) .

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
lol
Name: Chicken Tower
Model: Chicken
Ability used for the skill: Egg[ing]
Information about the skill: [Active]: Can throw an egg at opponents, causing them to be stuck in place for X seconds, and slowing them by X% for X seconds.
[Passive]: Every X attacks, the Chicken lays an egg, which . . .

THOUGHTS: Pretty basic, it's like an AoE slowing tower.
this makes no sense at all
you throw an egg and they get stuck?
sounds really really ... illogical

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
lol

this makes no sense at all
you throw an egg and they get stuck?
sounds really really ... illogical
I was thinking they get stuck in teh yolk or whatever, then slowed by that white stuff around the yolk.
Sorry for not being a TD genius like you :nuts: ?

Kelvin87

Reaction score
- Information about the skill: Each attack has x% chance to cast chain lightning, bounces up to y times to enemies.

For further nice tower skill, please go to my Thelder Clan website to search for:
"Mage Tower-The Farrie War"
http://warcraft3thx.googlepages.com/thelder_clan.htm

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score

For further nice tower skill, please go to my Thelder Clan website to search for:
"Mage Tower-The Farrie War"
http://warcraft3thx.googlepages.com/thelder_clan.htm

Does the orb work if the attack is not manually ordered?

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Name: Glacial sphere (tower)
Model: no idea... do you include imports?:D cuz something like this would fit it: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=52788&prev=search%3Dtower%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26status%3Dg%26page%3D2#poststop
(if you get that "sponsored ads" thing, skip it)

Description: This tower has heavy slow aura, it cannot attack but it has freezing blast.

Freezing blast - Every x seconds the tower charges freezing energies in its sphere. After he charged enough, it releases freezing breaths around him dealing massive damage and freezing creeps that get hit for x seconds.

Effect: Breath of frost? Freezing aura?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.