I'll bite...

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
As the official first post, I am curious as to what a Nuon-Dome is. Is it a sports arena? A funny hat? Or perhaps a weird alien technology?

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
I am unfamiliar with this specific DVD technology - have any info to share with those who will likely be wondering what this is as well?

K3V

NUON-Dome Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
More info at the site, specifically here: http://www.nuon-dome.com/info.html

Basically NUON is a chip that was built into a few DVD players that gave them game functionality. A few games that were released for the platform include Tempest 3000, Iron Soldier 3 and Merlin Racing.

NUON-Dome is the fansite I've been running for the platform for about 5 years now.

Gotta run, be back later :)

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
Ok, what DVd players is this hting built into? i just so happened to have bought one quit recently, but its an old DVD palyer, might it have this game stuff?

K3V

NUON-Dome Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
MasterOfABCs said:
Are those the ones you know of, or the only ones that exist?

Those are the only ones that were ever made with full NUON functionality. Some RCA machines (DRC300N and DRC480N) have the NUON chip inside but only use it for its DVD playback features. There are no controller ports and commercial games won't run on them. They do have a limited VLM inside, and homebrew games will work, however - but you'll have to control them with the I.R. Remote (not fun!).

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
My DVD Player is fully NUON powered baby! Got me a Samsung N501 - Sweet!

S

ShaggysNUON

It's good to have a place for the NUON-Dome forums. I was wondering what was going on over there.

I'm a happy owner of three NUONs, although one doesn't play CDs :( I've been following NUON since '97, it was known as Project X at the time. It really had a lot of potential, which I doubt we'll ever see it's full potential realized. But it did change things, in it's own little way. Being the first DVD game system (yes before the PS2 and it's rumored that PS2 had a little influence from NUON and they were scared of the technologies potential).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.