I'm desperate!

B

baggis

Hello everyone! I have been working on a melee map for about 50hours.
I started working on the map over a year ago. Its finally finnished. A swedish onlineleague have been testing it, and they are interested to use it as a map in their league. I have been trying, with help of Magos modeling tutorial, to make
models/advertisment-tags like in the WEG maps where they have like benq's logotype, Intel and stuff. So my question is: How can I get a picture, and get it in my meleemap, so i just can put it where i want on the ground.
Do i need to create a own flat model first in 3D max, and after that add the picture?

HELP!

Rad

Reaction score
Are you using RoC or TFT? Most 2d models are not required, and can be applied to the built-in models to overwrite the standard ones (Ex. you import a 256x256 image change its path to war3mapPreview.tga, the minimap preview will take on this image).

Some require a special War3 file type, called BLP. There are several converting tools many are located Here in the Tools section (I suggest Wc3Viewer).

[highlight]
NOTE: Importing files will remove the melee status of a map!​
[/highlight]

B

baggis

I am using tft. I mad a image both to .blp and to .tga. After that i took and edited a Ruined Ground file (2D) with Object manager and browsed to my imagefile. But all I got was my map getting black when setting it in.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Ruined ground is multiple layers and not a perfect square object.

You notice ruined ground works on grass, dirt, etc? Cuz only the destroyed part is visible.

All I did was create a 256x256 square in gmax (2 triangles) with a HEIGHT OF 1 and assign a blp texture to it.

If you make it a height of 0, it does some graphical funky effects with the ground, so it needs to be 1 unit high.

If more than 1, units selection circles dissapear underneath em.

Then imported both.

B

baggis

Sorry guys if you find me annoying, but this is the first time i do this stuff, and overall im very bad with computers. I have installed Autodesk 3DS Max8, does that program has the same functions as gmax that you are talking about?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.