I'm Here To Help Out You Map Makers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lockdown720

Well hello all you fellow map makers who love the game starcraft as much as I do.... Maybe my name will look familiar to some of you, but if not, I am the creator of many, many major maps on Battle.net. I created The cleansing of mageal, Padorath's Return, Dodge the nukes (original), and a few others. I know EVERY trigger and how to manipulate any other triggers to get the result you want. If you need any help.. just ask me, I can help you, and/or create the trigger for you! Either post your problems here or email me @ [email protected]. Thanx ya'll for your time, and enjoy map making!

G

GARM

ok

Ok, thats nice. I have a trigger question. How do you randomize who is affected by a trigger at the game start. I dont know if youve ever played the map <<CHANGELING>> but someone randomly is a changling and has the ability to turn into a broodling/observer/marine(which every1 else is). The changeling is always random, sometimes its play 1 or sometimes its 3, always different. When there are 7 plyrs in the game, theres 2 lings. I am making a map, that i want the triggers to affect a random person, any help is appreciated :p

A

Alpha122

I love that map. BTW, im starting on a map that helps people learn to micro eheh "properly". Should b simple enough. Heheh.

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Reaction score
erm... ok...

So... uh how do we know if you really did make it, and if you are, how did you find this forum?

To answer GARM's question... you need to use some switches. Depending on the amount of people you need 1 switch for every 2 players... I'm a little busy right now to explain so lets see if this Lockdown guy really knows all the triggers like he says he does. :rolleyes:

L

Lockdown720

Randomizing...

Ok... heh heh.. this one is real easy. To randomize triggers... Do as follows...
Condition= Elasped time - 0 seconds.
Actions = [[Select the set switch trigger, then make 4 of them. Select RANDOM on all of them, so you now have 4 switches that will be randomly turned on or off at the begining of the game. {you can make less if you want for less players, but be carefull, choose how many you use wisely, and be sure to look at every possible combination}]
Now.. Do something like this...
p1= Condition s1 is set, s2 is set, s3 is cleared, s4 is cleared.
Action= ACTION FOR THIS PLAYER...
p2 Condition s1 is set, s2 is cleared, s3 is set, s4 is cleared.
Action= ACTION FOR THIS PLAYER...

(and make however many players you want... make the action the same.. and bingo! When the switch matches one of the players, THAT player will get the randomly chosen action.) happy?

Oh, I dunno how I ran across this forum.. I guess I just found it.. hehe... My commom name on Battle.net is KillerXXX360 if ya'll wanna play with me sometime...

Well ciao!

-sean

K

KiLLeR-CrAzY

ok i just want a right or a no to my question

you only need to disable the doodad state of the buildings to cloak them right? cuz ive heard that you must make and observer and stuff:D

H

HELLSS

blek

Somehow I doubt this to be the real lockdown720.... But if it is glad to hear he's in washington state with us 2 mods here lol :cool:

Ilendil

Reaction score
Hmm? Your right... he does live in Washington, but where? Lockdown where do you live in Washington?

K

KiLLeR-CrAzY

OK i got a question, im starting a new map , where a dropship goes to a location leaves the players and then it leaves,everything works , but the problem is that the players start fighting, and they are in the same force, for another reason they are created even if they arent in the game, but if they are human players!!:confused: i used a trigger to get them allied but didnt work, checked the allies in the forces but didnt work , it never happened to me and im really confused.

Ilendil

Reaction score
You need to use a trigger to prevent units being created for players not playing... for the dropships, before the units for the players are made, see how many map revealers (if there is one) and put it in a command condition...

CONDITION
(command)
- Player 1 commands at least 1 map revealer
ACTION
(set switch)
- Set 'player 1 playing'

Do this with the rest of the players.

L

Lockdown720

Gwahahaha

Well ya'll, I already figured out what my problem was with the obstruction things... it really wasnt too many of em, cause I ended up deleting the whole map and it still said it... lol... it was actually a virus in my computer who someone uploaded to me in a map DL. so oh well. My map is back up and running. If yall havnt read my other topic, YES I am lockdown720. Come on Bnet and look me up. Im on nearly every day. 1-8pm Pacific Standard Time. Oh yeah... About the killing allies post.... If the CONTROL of the player is human, but the human is not present in the game, then the computers and humans will auto-unally with that player because it is not controlled by ANYTHING.....soo.. yes, the map revealer thing would work, or any other unit, cause if you set the condition = Commands 1 "anything"... Then if the player isnt there, the trigger wont take effect. If the player is there, it will take effect. So only players present would be affected by the triggers. (hehe, i love triggers).. Anyway, the reason I know triggers so well is that I used to work for Blizzard is helping program starcraft... I know most yall wont believe me, but oh well. Well, if yall need anymore help just ask me! -ciao!
-sean

S

Swilo

it was actually a virus in my computer who someone uploaded to me in a map DL
Anyway, the reason I know triggers so well is that I used to work for Blizzard

Those two things just ruined any credibility you may have had because
1) You can't upload a virus in a map, and
2) your name doesn't appear in any of the credits for stacraft

You're trying to impress people who really don't care.
All anybody cares about is whether you know how to make maps or not. Why don't you just go by that and try starting over again, without all the lies?

Ilendil

Reaction score
I agree (with swilo)... show us a map you've made but haven't released to the public.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
if he offers good advice and helps out it does not matter much if he is the real one or not i think

just my 2 euro cents .

Wargy

G

GARM

Well, I cant account for his working for Blizzard. Actually I was just watching the creds(replayed all of sc orig.) and one of the things is StarEdit Help and it gives a list of names. I can account for the virus thing. Its never happened to me, but I know its doable..putting virus on map. Problem is, the map will probably take forever to dl over bnet. Attaching a worm or something like that to a map is very easy, especially with an .exe binder that lets you change the extension to say worm.exe.scx . This will only work if its attached to an actual map though, otherwise sc wont read it. The file size would be well over 1 meg though. No, i didnt just bs all this, i know how to hack...of course i never actually hacked anyone :eek: .

S

Swilo

No, i didnt just bs all this, i know how to hack...

That right there shows you know nothing about anything, because people who do know about hacking would never admit it so bluntly. Not to mention trying to give people a virus is nowhere near hacking. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out that you're the other guy, still hooked on impressing people.

And anyway, starcraft wouldn't read the map file if it was really an executable. It would just crash with an error when the game started.
You'd have to be stupid enough to actually try running the map as an executable, at which point you deserve the virus anyway because map files open in staredit and you;d have to go through a bit of trouble.

Ilendil

Reaction score
It is possible Swilo, but not through direct maps, through total conversions (But I doubt this guy doesn't even know what a total conversion is anyway). Most total conversions use .exe's to run and it can spread viruses that way.

L

Lockdown720

Whatever

Yo idiot, some hackers don't care if they are known about... And yes he did know what he was talking about. I'll search for the site that I tracked the virus back to, it runs off of a program called "starkiller". Its an exe/scm binder program... and its undectable for most people in maps. Oh and by the way, my REAL name is Maxx Marshall, which is why you wouldnt see my name as Lockdown720 in the credits. You really think I would put a stupid name like this as my real name? your a moron then. I dont usually care to prove things to people, but you seem to stupid to believe anything less. Oh yeah, if your all not going to be a little kinder to me, then I might as well leave, cause I was only trying to help you all out.. If you just want to start arguements with me, fine. Im gone.

-sean (my fake name I use on the internet)

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Well since Lockdown is gone I am going to put the Lockdown on this thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.